Brewing courses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K5GC

Reaction score
I keep seeing an ad for Cornell University online certificate in craft brewing. Sounds like fun. Has anyone taken this course? Is it worth it? Anyone know any other formal courses out there?

giphy (1).gif

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here based on your join date, and let you off with a warning:

99.9% of the people that use this forum learned how to brew from a book/website/friend in their garage/porch/ basement lair (me included), and are just going to make jokes at your expense for that question. Welcome to the hobby. You don't have to take take it all that seriously.

Next question.....

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here based on your join date, and let you off with a warning:

99.9% of the people that use this forum learned how to brew from a book/website/friend in their garage/porch/ basement lair (me included), and are just going to make jokes at your expense for that question. Welcome to the hobby. You don't have to take take it all that seriously.

Next question.....
Oh no, I dont mean to learn to brew as a beginner. Just something to do for the sheer fun of learning, or expanding your interest.

Next question.....
1660358859540.png

We do love us some jokes.

I don’t know anything about that course so I can’t comment on that.

As far as your question, I don’t really think it’s laughable. I find it valid, legitimate and worth asking. If I stopped learning with my first book, or second, or third, or internet courses, or podcasts, or HBT forums, etc, I wouldn’t be the brewer I am today. When you stop seeking knowledge, that’s the point when you should probably abandon the hobby. I guess that’s your joke.

Edit: and welcome to HBT! There’s lots of good stuff on here.

I don’t know anything about that course so I can’t comment on that.

As far as your question, I don’t really think it’s laughable. I find it valid, legitimate and worth asking. If I stopped learning with my first book, or second, or third, or internet courses, or podcasts, or HBT forums, etc, I wouldn’t be the brewer I am today. When you stop seeking knowledge, that’s the point when you should probably abandon the hobby. I guess that’s your joke.
I feel the same way. And I tend to learn more from a structured thing, like an online or in person course, than I do a book or video.

Latest posts

Back