Brewing Community and LHBS in Danbury, CT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edds5p0

KN4SQH
Reaction score
Hi all, I didn't know where to post this so I chose the chit chat catagory. My wife just got a job offer in Danbury CT and I am wondering if any of you fine people can share any info about the brewing scene in the area.

There are separate local forums for each state a little further down the main forum page.

As to your question, it seems as though Maltose Express will be your best option in CT; it's in Monroe which is about a half hour from Danbury. I've never been there in myself, but I hear it's a pretty quality shop. There's also New York, since Danbury is closer to the border than it is to Maltose, so you might do a little research and find out if there are any New York shops that are closer.

There's a lot of brewers here, enough to keep at least six shops in business. There's only a couple active clubs that I know of, but they're all a decent drive from me, so I've never been to any of their meetings. The Southern New England Regional Homebrew Competition happens in Newtown, CT which gets a lot of entries. Maxed out this year in fact. Not much, but I hope that helps. Cheers!

I'm not far from Danbury -- in Carmel, NY. There is not much in the way of LHBS in the area. Best bet is ordering online. If there is anything I can help you out with just shoot me a PM.

Latest posts

Back