Brewing beast build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhltechie

Reaction score
Hi All,

I figured i would start my build thread. i've take so much from the members here. I'm doing a single tier build very close to shawn's, bobby's...and many others. My dad is helping me with the frame...i've yet to get pics of it yet but my two burners came in today.

Brewing_Beast.jpg

these two are for my HLT and BK. I'm going to get a smaller one for the MLT. I've got MUCH MUCH more to do and .. buy but this is my start!!

M

Hi All,

I figured i would start my build thread. i've take so much from the members here. I'm doing a single tier build very close to shawn's, bobby's...and many others. My dad is helping me with the frame...i've yet to get pics of it yet but my two burners came in today.

Brewing_Beast.jpg

these two are for my HLT and BK. I'm going to get a smaller one for the MLT. I've got MUCH MUCH more to do and .. buy but this is my start!!

M
Congrats... Now that you've got some change in it and can heft some parts, it's no longer a dream...:)

thanks guys! I cant wait to get 'em on the stand....those mothers are heavy!!

I love it when christmas comes early!!! :ban:

new march pump
pump3.jpg

pickup tubes
pickups.jpg

new chiller!!
blichman.jpg

quick disconnects
QD3.jpg

more quick disconnect stuff
QD21.jpg

some silicone tubing...hope its enough!
tubing.jpg

oOoOoOoOhhh valves!!
valves.jpg

went ahead and got the thrumometer..pretty cheap for its job
thrumometer.jpg

wwwoooooo!!

also....my dad finished my stand. I still have to sand it down and paint it....and add the small middle burner...plumbing...but the stand is here!!

there she is!
stand6.jpg

one of the burners mounted
stand25.jpg

long view of my beast
stand32.jpg

thanks guys...

I got the tubing at bargain fittings. I got 15ft, I believe it was $2.20/ft...which came out to $33. I looked around....everywhere i looked seemed to be pretty much the same. Anywhere I found it slightly cheaper would have been offset by the flat rate shipping from BF.

Sorry should have been more specific.....I was packing bout the metal tubing for the stand. :0)

Also what are your dementions on your stand?

Sorry should have been more specific.....I was packing bout the metal tubing for the stand. :0)

Also what are your dementions on your stand?

oh...haha...sorry. i couldnt tell you how much it was. my dad is metal fabricator. He welds for a living and always has scrap metal around. He helped me build the stand and i paid him $60 for the entire thing....!! lucky eh? lol :rockin:

as for the dimensions i got them from several of the posts around here. I believe shawn was the main inspiration along with a few others. I still have what I sent my dad if you'd like it..but it's here in the forum under one of the build threads.

here are the dimensions of my stand....again these are not original. i "borrowed" them from someone in the forum...may have been diatom....or shawn.

rig
1156-drawing-my-rig-not-original-borrowed-forum-maybe-diatom.gif

It'd be just as easy to setup a photobucket account yourself, or use imageshack.

Some of the premium members use the gallery and I can see them, there must be an option to let everyone see them.

ok...I got the stand painted today with some high temp paint I've seen on the forum. She looks purdier!!

painted is better....as you can also see i am struggling with the gas manifold...thank god for a realllly close lowes..

stand61.jpg

stand52.jpg

stand41.jpg

ok....so I have one extract kit left. a two hearted ale clone. I am using my stand, one of the burners. I drilled my old kettle that I will be using as my HLT.

love it. I am going to be using my therminator later for the first time....excited.

first lesson learned while using the stand....ITS EFFIN HOT!!! I stupidly touched the stand when i noticed the ball valve handle was burning! omg....i have burnt off my fingerprints. what are some good gloves? ima need em!!

You could use some heat shields on those burners. That should focus the heat better. Welders gloves come to mind but I never need to touch my stand. Silicone mitts are helpful.

not much progress lately....I did get my pump and chiller properly mounted. and have adorned it with the proper decal. still working on the gas manifold...obviously..ha.

stand.jpg

pump_chiller.jpg

already brewing on it...just hooking directly to one of the burners....getting there....slowly! :ban:

Back