Brewing a Brewer's Best Belgian Tripel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jruffatto

Reaction score
If I wanted to modify the recipe to take the alcohol content down a bit, what could I do? I assume it's adding less of the over 10 pounds of fermentables but which ones? I'm thinking the candi sugar gives it that unique Belgian flavor so i assume I want to keep that but it also has 3.3 pounds each of light and amber LME, 3 pounds of Pilsen DME and 8 oz of maltodex. Any tips would be great.

Have you considered just making a Dubbel instead of a Tripel? I understand if you like the notes of a Tripel better however.

Maybe consider replacing the 3 lbs of Pilsen DME with .75 lbs of Cara-Pils malt in a grain bag and mash in 1.5 gal of water (about 153F) for about 20 minutes, sparge with a little warm water then add to boil.
Good luck and Cheers!

Have you considered just making a Dubbel instead of a Tripel? I understand if you like the notes of a Tripel better however.

Maybe consider replacing the 3 lbs of Pilsen DME with .75 lbs of Cara-Pils malt in a grain bag and mash in 1.5 gal of water (about 153F) for about 20 minutes, sparge with a little warm water then add to boil.
Good luck and Cheers!

I just bought the BB tripel kit...i guess i could just make it as is and see how it turns out.

Back