Brewhemoth Conical spike insulation jackets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
I'm not sure this is really a diy but I wanted to share. I have 3 brewhemoth 22 gallon conical fermenters and have been looking for a way to insulate them that is aesthetically pleasing. (I spent all this money for stainless fermenters I want them to look nice) I have searched all over for neoprene jackets with few options available. Thought about buying the material and having my wife sew some but as much as neoprene costs I decided to try to make some spike cf-15 jackets fit. Overall I am pretty happy with the results. They arent a perfect fit but will work. I installed them backwards because none of the spike port holes lined up with my ports.. I had to poke some holes to bolt the legs on and cut one hole for my Racking port.. will be brewing a few batches soon so I'll report back if I see any improvements.. without them I struggled to get my fermenters below 40* f to cold crash with 75*+ ambient. I'm hoping these will help me be able to lager without racking to kegs as my "secondary"
Also for anyone with brewhemoth conicals spike brewing is an awesome source for compatible parts (sorry spike) their cf-15 chiller coil fits perfect and I love their spunding valves.
20190912_044814.jpeg
20190912_045424.jpeg

Latest posts

Back