Brewfather grain profiles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hilljack13

That's what she said!
Reaction score
Not sure if the topic is the right way to talk about this, but I noticed on one of my planned recipes the ABV is showing 3.3%. This caught my attention since I don't recall seeing anything that low. Especially since this is a Marzen. 10lb Munich II and 1lb of Caramunich II.

For some reason the munich II in brewfather isn't calculating like it was. Maybe I did something? When I put the same recipe in Brewers Friend and my grainfather app this doesn't happen. ABV's 5.6 and 5.1. Equipment profiles are mirrored with brewfather and grainfather, but not brewers friend. I just never got around to updating.
I had to have copied the recipe over from Brewers Friend at some point because the recipe was already there.

I am lost on what the change was, if any.

What is the PPG of the Munich II? You might have set that to 0
It shows 1.038. There is a fermentability number set by default at 57. I don't know how correct that is and don't recall seeing it in the other apps. When I change this number the abv changes.

I decided to make another user profile. The "fermentability" was not present. I wonder if it has to do something with my inventory and the app calculating the fermentability based on age?

Screenshot 2024-03-13 204139.png

Do you have a subscription on the first account and are using the free service on the second? Or perhaps the first account came with a temporary promotional use of features normally only available to subscription paying members.

I received a response from their support. The settings for final gravity, the Advanced setting is what puts the fermentability in there. Need to use the normal setting.

Latest posts

Back