Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stammtisch Brewery

In German it means the Bar/Restaurant owners table of honor, or the regular's table. Typically reserved for regulars, and special friends.

Now on to make my label.

High Voltage Brewing.

I am an Electrical Engineer that works in the power industry working up to 345kV and I also have a completely electric brewing set up. I just felt it was fitting.

Mike

Cape Brewing...

Because my bar is named "The Cape".

Many many moons ago me a couple of buddies and I had an apartment right out of college (where I started brewing) and we had a little kegerator set up out on our sun-porch. We set up a little bar and hooked up a TV out there so we could watch Sox games at the bar. My roommate said we should call it "The Cape" so when our snooty co-workers asked what we were up to for the weekend, we could say "We're probably just hanging around The Cape" instead of "Sitting on our porch drinking". The name stuck to the bar, I owned everything so I took the name to the next bar I built in my first house and then the bar I built in my current house.

https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10215&cat=all&ppuser=20497

-Topless Brewery-
"Don't forget to take your top off!"
(Top meaning bottle cap of course)

Reason for name? After many beers and a game or two of pool, someone suggested, "Hey, lets play strip pool!, Only got to tops removed before girls chickened out. That same night we planned on making our first brew. Thus the name.:drunk:

(EDIT) Now Busenfrei Brewery, busenfrei is German, literally meaning "Free your bosom" .;)

I just moved to a street called Las Casitas Ct. It's off a street called East Spain. I think Brewery in Spanish is cerveceria. It might be cool to go with a whole spanish theme, General Vallejo's Casa Especial IIPA, Old Republic Imperial Rojo Ale, El Desatre Stout, etc... etc... "Las Casitas Cerveceria" has a ring to it. I see potential. Working on artwork for a label.

Eastside

"Pagan's Playground"
My wife and I like to ride horses, and one of our fav. trails is at a place called Witch Dance, off of the historic Natchez Trace. It is said that early settlers actually executed some women for witchcraft, and they were "discovered" dancing on that spot of land. I don't have a solid label yet, but the idea is to have a nude *hot* witch riding a broom as a central icon.

I can't decide on my name maybe y'all can help. It's between

1)Stonewall Brewery, for the name of my street and because it's a cool name. Or

2)Twin Falls Brewery, named after these two waterfalls here in Arkansas that you have to hike deep in the woods to see, and it's a ***** of a hike.

Which do you guys think would be good? I'm leaning toward Twin Falls Brewery.

Stubby Muzzle Brewing

Named for our two dogs, one of which is a French Bulldog (Bosco) and the other is an English Bulldog (Angus). I'm thinking of a logo with profile shots of the two of them drawn up nose to nose, but I lack the drawing talent to do such a drawing/logo.

I was lugging a full carboy through the house and stepped on the dogs chew toy wrenching my back. "Oy!!", I yelled, "I feel like a broken old man!"

And BOMB was formed.
Broken
Old
Man
Brewing

I'm a dyed in the blue (read: Ford) gearhead so my brewery name choice was pretty simple: Gearhead Brewery. I've yet to make my brewery sigil (a combination of busyness from hosting a car show and ineptitude with imaging programs) but I've got it planned out: a 15 tooth gear with G-E-A-R-H-E-A-D-B-R-E-W-E-R-Y spelled out in the teeth and a cartoon-ized big block Ford in the center of the gear.

I'm still brewing extract but I've got plans for a variety of automotive themed AG brews; like Gear Beer, a high gravity imperial stout that claims a viscosity similar to gear lube, and Thunderbolt IPA, a strong (in ABV) IPA (perhaps a double IPA) that does the 1964 Ford Thunderbolt justice. I may even extend the olive branch and dip into the other brands, I've postulated offering Chevelle Pilsner, a fizzy, yellow lager, or Moprye a rye beer made with real Mopar rust!

I keeeeeeeeed, I keeed :mug:

Son of a Bish Brew

My father's last name (and mine, obviously) is Bish. So I am the son of a Bish!

Mine's called Swaying Chimp Brewery. Logo has a slightly(!) inebriated primate swaying with a pint glass in his hand. I already have great names for the different styles I'll make, such as Haggard Wheat Piss Hefeweizen and Awnry Arkansas Ale.

I already have the domains registered, just gotta find some time to launch the site.

Edit: Oh, and the story... right... well my friend told me this story once where he and his co-workers went over to one of their houses after work and partook in some.... ehem... nafarious questionably illegal activities dealing with... ahem... a certain cousin of the hop plant. He said he was the only one who "could stand long periods without swaying like a chimp". I thought it was a great name for a beer, and thus it was so.

Black Forest Brewery.... Apparently my last name means Black Forest in German.. soooo thats how I came up with it. I have a few good names for beers that their name also originates within the Black Forest but yet have no idea what style for them atm.

Black Flag Brewing Co.

Partially because I'm originally from Baltimore (where all breweries are required to reference clippers and/or pirates) and partially because I like the idea of naming my beer after a roach spray.
Logo-BlackFlag.gif

While I was living in Portland, a couple of my friends threw a combination party/art event where everyone was supposed to come in old-timey character. I invented the alter ego of Hiram P. Johnson, an itinerant snake oil peddler, and brought some of my first homebrews as "juvenating tonics". Part of my patter for the evening was, "once you've been juvenated, you'll never need to be rejuvenated." It was a big hit, and the name stuck. Now almost all my beers have long, old-fashioned names, complete with subtitles, and a part of the fictional biography of Hiram on the back. I like injecting a bit of comedy into my labels.

Although I'm relatively new, I know it's always best to get a name going for anything well in advance -- best to be pro-active.

I went with Grasse River Brewing, in reference to the river that ran in front of my grandparents' house in waaaaaaaay upstate New York. It might show up as "Grass River" on most maps; then again, the town is so small that it won't. :)

I finally settled on Shoestring Brewery. It is reflective of my brewing budget.

A friend was asking what I call my brewery and I mentioned this in front of my wife and her friend. My next birthday present is now hanging from the hop yard:

IMG_3227.JPG

thats an awesome sign! I wish I had something like that in my hop yard. and by hop yard I mean hop plant. :)

I invented the alter ego of Hiram P. Johnson, an itinerant snake oil peddler, and brought some of my first homebrews as "juvenating tonics".

I love this!

:off:
I came up with an old west snake-oil peddler type character for some stories once. His name was Linthicum O'Denton, taken from a sign on the I-195 leading into BWI airport.

I love this!

:off:
I came up with an old west snake-oil peddler type character for some stories once. His name was Linthicum O'Denton, taken from a sign on the I-195 leading into BWI airport.

I really liked that concept, too... I keep picturing E.B. Farnum from Deadwood.

I went with Berserker Brew for several reasons:

1. I am obsessed with Viking history and mythology (they are my ancestors after all)
2. Berserkers are what the Black Label Society (a band) call their fans, of which I am a huge one.
3. The Berserkers were members of Viking armies who wore animal skin pelts into battle and fought with reckless abandon, turning the tides of battle. It is not agreed on why the Berserkers had no little regard for their own safety and fought so fiercely, but one theory is that they were drunk.

So that is why I am Berserker Brew!

Fitting place for a first post. Note that I've just finished my first batch and haven't even tasted it yet, but names are important. ;)

I went with Two Car Tandem Brewing due to the unique shape of my garage. It's technically a two-car garage, but it's long instead of wide, thus "two car tandem".

Was talking to my brother earlier today and he mentioned that my garage would be the perfect setup for a little speakeasy (since the "second" car never makes it inside, the back half is mostly for storage and projects). I laughed, and said "yeah, two car tandem my arse".

Then I thought "hey, that's actually a pretty good name..."

And so it was.

I haven't even had a chance to make my first brew yet, but just from reading everyone else's posts it made me think of a few. (My kit is in the mail, should have it Friday :D).

Ohm Brewing (I'm an electrical engineer and the primary fundamental we use is Ohms Law)
kVA Brewing (a measurement of electrical power)
Dam Beaver Brewing (I always try and pay homage to my alma mater Oregon State.)
Little Black ***** Brewing (We have a "miniture" black lab. She's only about 35# and not quite knee high.)

I need to bounce these off of my SWMBO.

Any thoughts?

Tsoultrane Brewing Co. - My name is Tsultrim, and a friend who is a chef, a beer aficionado and a blues/soul/jazz music buff started calling me Tsoultrane, and it just kind of works.

I used to run with an ambulance service. One night, a neighbor of mine with a cardiac history called me at about 3 in the morning and was having chest pains. I told her she needed to call the ambulance and get to the hospital. I turned on my radio and heard the responding rig ask for directions, to which the dispatcher replied, "She lives on Burkey's street" (me). When we moved to the sticks, we have a long driveway so we made that name into a street sign. So, even though it's not my street name, it kinda is.

Fitting place for a first post. Note that I've just finished my first batch and haven't even tasted it yet, but names are important. ;)

I went with Two Car Tandem Brewing due to the unique shape of my garage. It's technically a two-car garage, but it's long instead of wide, thus "two car tandem".

Was talking to my brother earlier today and he mentioned that my garage would be the perfect setup for a little speakeasy (since the "second" car never makes it inside, the back half is mostly for storage and projects). I laughed, and said "yeah, two car tandem my arse".

Then I thought "hey, that's actually a pretty good name..."

And so it was.

good name. I approve. :) see ya in a few days.

I had my brewery name before my first batch. Red Dirt Brewing Company. :)

I went to school at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, OK. The area is famous for its red dirt (well, clay really). In fact there is even a sub-genre of country music called "Red Dirt Music" (wikipedia link). Many, many fun nights were spent with some of those bands, friends, and of course beer. :D

In a 2-3 mile radius from my house there are probably 100 Burrowing Owl nests, so I was going to call it Burrowing Owl Brewery. Then I discovered there is a Burrowing Owl Vineyard somewhere in Canada. Then I found my Avatar photo one drunken night

I actually collect rubber duckies and about a year or so ago I joined a local car club... During one of our get togethers, a few of the guys were throwing up some gang sign / hand gestures and hollering "DUCKFOOT!"... Of course this prompted me to ask WTF?.. I was told that at a previous car show, it was ridiculously hot and humid, resulting in a certain condition men endure during such weather... Similar to the 'batwing' if you will... It all kinda went downhill from there...

:drunk:

And niquejim, I used to live in Cape Coma... Those darned owls are EVERYWHERE!!!

Papa Cherry Brew Co.

My roommate and I live on Cherry St. in college, and if you just say the name it kinda has an innuendo type of thing to it. Kyle

Rabbit Hair Brewery. Well I guess none of you will be drinking my beer.. My wife has 8 rabbits living in our garage, everything I own is covered in rabbit hair :)

Rabbit-Hair.jpg

Back