Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mustangfreak said:
Would Texas Pony Brewery be lame? I'm from Texas, and my main hobby is Ford Mustangs.

That's pretty lame dude...

Just kidding, I agree with eddie. It's your brewery, name it something that means something to you. You like the Ponies, name it after the Ponies. It's all good brother.

I decided to name mine Buckhunter Brewery.
I really like to hunt and brew.
What do you think of the Labels I have so far?
Buckhunterbrewery2.jpg

BlacktailStout2.jpg

Overtheborderporter.jpg

I finally got a name for mine and am currently in the works making a logo.
^Read: waiting for the cool cats on this forum to perfect my logo with my input. ^
Went with Furnace Room Brewing Co.
Comes from the fact that all my fermenting and secondary conditioning, and now bottle conditioning, takes place downstairs in my furnace room. PLus in 20 years if my dream of going big comes true The Furnace Room would translate well into a Brewpu name I think, and keep me tied to my very beginnings as a brewer.

Worked out that streets SWMBO and I grew up on complement each other. Seemed simple and sounded good. Working on labels.

Marcus Hickory Brewhaus

"Bird's Nest Brewery" or Bird's Nest Brewing" depending on my mood. Name comes from me being whoptbird (pronounced whoop tee bird) and that coming from something my grandfather said in a home video way back when. We thought it was funny and then "the internet" came along and the first thing I used had a 8 character limit and well there we go. One day I'll have labels.
:tank: :mug:

Brewpilot said:
Drowning Wasp Brewpub... came to me as I was sipping some home brew with my pastor and a wasp took a dive in my beer... didnt affect the taste much!

I'd prefer the name drunken wasp, but dude it's your beer and still a great idea and besides that,I'd have never thought of it if that wasp hadn't taken a dive. . . did that beer have honey in it?

name for mine is still undecided. I don't know, it'll have to come to me naturally and suddenly and then I'll be like "thats perfect."

D.A. Dawg Brewing Company is the name I choose.
Mys initials are the first two letters and Dawg is my nick. :rockin:

After much consideration...Al's Homebrew. Couldn't think of anything creative so this will do for now. Nice and simple

Purdue alum, plus I think this picture makes an excellent logo:

trainwreck6ef1e6bax5.jpg

Old Boiler Brewing Company Fail Ale

Big Bug Brew I work with bugs. I also get a kick out of picking different bugs to name my beers after. Like my Grain Weevil Wheat.

we got a fancy keg tap from a pub owner friend. it's a ceramic white rabbit. i don't keg yet but now that i have a tap i'm thinking about it!!!

we called ours White Rabbit Brew Co. label designs to come :)

:D Blue Peter Brewery
"Prepare to Ale!"
The Blue Peter is the flag the Royal Navy would hoist when calling crew back to ship to prepare to weigh anchor and sail. Of course its fun to see the looks when mentioning the name Blue Peter Brewery! ;)
blue_peter_web.jpg

WiggleButt.GIF

WiggleButt Brewing Co

Named to honor our 2 Australian Shepherd dogs.
I was going to use Hairy Dog Brewing Co, but there already is one in Indiana.

Is there a list of all breweries in US?
Does it matter if you're just brewing for fun?

Chance of Weather Brewing/ Magic Hour Brewing

When I moved to Portland OR from Santa Cruz CA I quickly learned that no matter the forecast there was always a chance of "weather brewing"-one spring day it was snowing then sunny, then windy and hailing, and sunny again ending with warm rain-all within about 3 hours I wanted a name that had a sense of place and my own play on words kind of humor․ "Pass Stout" is my pride and joy of this brewery

I have a side "project" which is beer brewed only for Fishing Trips- "Magic Hour" came about as the hour or so that great hatches of insects make the trout stupid and easy to catch- this is usually at dusk also so one the crew of guys I fish with said " this could only get better with a beer" and so was born Magic Hour which is almost exclusively a light ale and lager brewery to fit the general tastes of the group and the often hot weather we encounter․ Upstream Gold and Downstream Cream are the two standards I have dialed in

TimBrewz said:
Chance of Weather Brewing/ Magic Hour Brewing

When I moved to Portland OR from Santa Cruz CA I quickly learned that no matter the forecast there was always a chance of "weather brewing"-one spring day it was snowing then sunny, then windy and hailing, and sunny again ending with warm rain-all within about 3 hours I wanted a name that had a sense of place and my own play on words kind of humor․ "Pass Stout" is my pride and joy of this brewery

I have a side "project" which is beer brewed only for Fishing Trips- "Magic Hour" came about as the hour or so that great hatches of insects make the trout stupid and easy to catch- this is usually at dusk also so one the crew of guys I fish with said " this could only get better with a beer" and so was born Magic Hour which is almost exclusively a light ale and lager brewery to fit the general tastes of the group and the often hot weather we encounter․ Upstream Gold and Downstream Cream are the two standards I have dialed in

Now that's just awesome dude! Outstanding work on the Brewery names!

Thanks! Another Portlander to share with. I like Blackened Brewery too! I have brewed my self black and blue at times!

Prost, Tim:cross:

I dont' have a brewery name yet, but I recently ran a contest at a couple of BattleStar Galactica (the new series) fansites to come up with label ideas based on the show. One person suggested "Basestar Brewing Company".

So, while that is not a beer name, she got honorable mention, and all bottles of Cylon Ale will have that on it.

There will also be a Colonial Brewing Company for the good guys.

Next up? a batch of Bill and Roslins "Fleet Wheat".

Brushfire Brewing. I mostly just like the way it sounds. But the reasoning behind that name is that every time I tap a new keg at my house the news spreads like brushfire amongst my group of friends. Before I know it my garage is full of people drinking my beer.

I used to work with my younger brother and after he got a new job we didn't see too much of each other. Part of the brewery was for him - to give us an excuse to hang out and drink beer - hence Kirchner Brother's Brewing

We recently got some labels printed with "Bridden's Brew". Its a combination of my girlfriend's last name, Brace, and my last name, Glidden. We'll see if the name sticks. Got the idea from the movie "Super Troopers."

Farva: "Hey, I came up with a great name for our car. Get this. You're Arcot Ramathorn. Ram. And I'm Rod Farva. Rod. Car Ramrod. Car Ramrod. Get it?"

Jumbo82 said:
We recently got some labels printed with "Bridden's Brew". Its a combination of my girlfriend's last name, Brace, and my last name, Glidden. We'll see if the name sticks. Got the idea from the movie "Super Troopers."

Farva: "Hey, I came up with a great name for our car. Get this. You're Arcot Ramathorn. Ram. And I'm Rod Farva. Rod. Car Ramrod. Car Ramrod. Get it?"

Meow you need to get that name out there. :D "chicken f***er" lol I love that movie.:fro:

I've finally decided on "Stick 'Em Up! Brews" for my "brewery" name... pressured by entering a label into a contest, alongside a beer for the contest anyways. My first self-compiled recipe batch is "Sharp Shootin' Milk Stout" and I'm gonna have a cowboy/ old western theme to my beer names. I've been kinda into that kinda stuff lately, and the name actually came from. . . well. . . a pair of underwear I have that say "Stick 'Em Up!" on the back in western font and then a pair of six-shooters on the front. I'm not sure how many people I'm actually going to tell about where that idea came from... ;)

"Jazzy" My old faithful Blue Heeler/ Border Collie cross lost her right hind leg about 5 years ago, but it hasn't slowed her down as much as her age has. She will be 17 in June if she stays with us that long. She's a real trooper!

15808-Jazzy.jpg

I decided to show my respect and admiration for my faithful friend by memorialising her for all time, and named my "Brewing Company" after her. I also made up some names for the favourite beers that I have brewed, and will continue to brew.

I work for a printing company, so the next step was to make business cards and squeeze them in on a press run. I only had about 15 minutes to come up with something, so they are pretty lame, but I have 500 of them!

Hound-1.jpg

Hound-2.jpg

You'll notice that the pawprints are missing the right hind paw imprint ;)

My best friend and I are about 6'5". For years we were known in our circle of friends as The Towers. So when we decided to start brewing beer we already had a name :) Unfortunately, shortly after we started he moved to Florida, but I am continuing with the brewing.

ashleyk said:
I've finally decided on "Stick 'Em Up! Brews" for my "brewery" name... pressured by entering a label into a contest, alongside a beer for the contest anyways. My first self-compiled recipe batch is "Sharp Shootin' Milk Stout" and I'm gonna have a cowboy/ old western theme to my beer names. I've been kinda into that kinda stuff lately, and the name actually came from. . . well. . . a pair of underwear I have that say "Stick 'Em Up!" on the back in western font and then a pair of six-shooters on the front. I'm not sure how many people I'm actually going to tell about where that idea came from... ;)

Nice inspiration. :) Did you consider "Cattle Rustler" for your milk stout?

TL

thinking of doing something regarding prohibition...what do you think?

repeal brewing company?
21st amendment brewing?
ideas along those lines???

:mug:

olllllo said:
Taken.... and its a good brewery too!

http://www.21st-amendment.com/

yeah funny thing right after i posted this i was browsing the gabf awards in my all about beer magazine and saw it haha...

since my first label depicts a cartoon einstein, my girlfriend came up with gerberstein (gerber being my last name) and i was thinking about doing the head of the gerber baby with the classic einstein hair as a brewery name and logo? what do you think?

Back