Brewer in Kansas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BourbonDrinker

Reaction score
I've been brewring for a little over a year now. So far everything I've had turned out great!
I've made a Dry Irish Stout, Honey Weizen, Breakfast Stout, Nut Brow Ale, and Bourobn Porter. Currently in the works is a Double Honey Weizen, Local Honey Mead, Dry Irish Stot, Hard Cider, and Hard Lemonade.

My real passion is Bourbon whiskey and I run a web-site on the subject at BourbonDrinker.com.

One of my passions in brewing is to find a perfect marraige of bourbon and beer. To this effect I've made a bourbon porter, aged on oak and including a bottle of Eagle Rare 10-Year at bottling, and aging on George T. Stagg soaked charred oak cubes in the secondary. It's TASTY!

I'm also taking part on a local group brew where we're aging a stout in a Pappy Van WInkle 23-Year barrel. Can't wait to try this one!

I'm also working on brewing beers my wife likes so I can share the hobby with her. She just did her first brew (with much help by me) of a Double Honey Weizen (Honey added in primary and secondary).

I'm a member of my local brewers guild, the Lawrence Brewers Guild in Lawrence, Kansas.

Back