Brewcraft 30L fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovesIPA

Reaction score
I ferment almost exclusively in BrewCraft 30L plastic fermenters. I have a couple of questions about these (that I probably should have asked a while ago).

1. Do I need to protect the beer inside from UV light? Or is the bucket an adequate shield?

2. After many batches, they have developed krausen stains in them. I assume that this is fine? No amount of scrubbing gets it off.

3. The bottom of these buckets are covered with tiny scratches. Not from me. It looks it was done at the factory. They aren't random, they are obviously done with an abrasive wheel. Why? I thought scratches in plastic buckets were bad.

You should do your best to prevent UV regardless of your container.

Ive had my Brewcraft buckets for nearly a year and they are stained as well and probably have scratches but ive never had any infection issues.

IMO every kit should come with these, they are like an extra $1.50 over a 6 gallon bucket or carboy and give you so much more headspace for big beers and wheat beers to do their thing without worrying about it clogging an airlock...never used a blowoff with mine before i got a ferm fridge, i'd still use them but it just doesnt fit.

Latest posts

Back