Brewcommander Opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loomisman

Reaction score
Guys,

I currently have a TopTier system and a direct fire mash tun. I'm looking at adding a RIMS Rocket controlled by a Brewcommander to regulate mash temp. I only do 6gal batches so I am looking at the 120V version. Looking for opinions on going this route. Is it worth the money? My main reason for switching is not wanting to babysit the mash but also the numerous issues I've had lately with scorched mash and hot spots.
Thanks

At the end of the day if you hook up the Rocket to a Commander, you're in for over $600.

Now if that is palatable, it looks like its a great solution for what you need it for, but there are cheaper solutions like hooking an inkbird 1 vessel to a DIY RIMS tube and element.

I have the BrewCommander and the RIMS rocket. I love it. Easy to use and to dial in. With any 120V it takes some time to heat up the water but that is my only complaint and it really isnt a complaint. Just be aware.

Latest posts

Back