• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Maryland Brew stands...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reddskinnfan

Reaction score
I am trying to gauge interest, and I am only a local guy. I don't really have a following and have only sold to a few local people, but am trying to see if there is a need....

I am a local builder (Frederick, MD) who is willing to sell to Delmarva folks, if there is a need, brewstands that are made of 1.5" - 2.0" square tubing.

I am able to work around whatever dimensions you desire, as long as it is all worked out (and materials paid for) before-hand.

I am not a vendor, currently, but am trying to gauge local interest! If a few are interested, I might bite the bullet and open a VENDOR account.

Let me know your thoughts, and if you'd be interested!

Price based on stand dimensions, size steel, single- vs multi-tiered stand, and if you want other modifications for pump / chiller mounts, etc.

I would say that low end would be $600 to sky is the limit!

How much for the 2nd photo? And could I add a third burner in the middle?

We would definitely need to sturdy it up, but it could be done. Probably would have to use a good bit of bracing for 3 x 55g drums that are full of water and grain.

Your talking about a good bit of extra material and work, which would drive up cost.

Custom manufacturing for profit is business oriented and violation of market policies. Needs to be moved to vendor forum.

I checked with administration first and they approved the thread, as I am gauging interest..

I have not offered any real outlet for people to purchase, and or request, I have only provided answers to people's inquiries about whether certain things could be done.

If the buyer is prepaying the materials, $600 on top of materials is too damned high.

Make a jig and sell that stand, better off that way, and only let them customize the height. So price could only change by a few $ for steel.

If that is $600 on top of steel price..... Highway robbery. A muffler shop would be cheaper, or find a laid off Oilfield pipefitter.

If the buyer is prepaying the materials, $600 on top of materials is too damned high.

Make a jig and sell that stand, better off that way, and only let them customize the height. So price could only change by a few $ for steel.

If that is $600 on top of steel price..... Highway robbery. A muffler shop would be cheaper, or find a laid off Oilfield pipefitter.

Price was including materials (for mild steel at 1.5 x 1.5 x 14 gauge)....

How much is steel up there?

Those materials cost me a comparable $127, and I had about two ft left off of the 20ft sticks I bought.

Brew stands run in the $260-$350 range.

Since this is an inquiry post, I feel this Should be stated here.

People should not pay for bad welds, any welder would say so. I use a Hobart 140, MIG with mix gas.

Are you stick welding and then grinding down the welds?

MIG welding w/gas. Total steel in feet for the stands I have built thus far has been about 45' - 48', depending on bracing.

Other costs include plumbing for propane, if so requested, and burner/pump mounts.

As stated, the prices all depend on configuration, options and other factors...

How many hours does a typical stand take? What are you charging per hour?

On second thought, I would feel better making a purchase from a registered vendor. Pretty sure I found one. Thanks,

I am closing the thread. If anyone is interested in a stand, shoot me a PM with your specs, add-ons, etc, and I will respond with a price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back