Brew stand Burner mounting question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poislb

Reaction score
Im making a mock up of my stand out of wood before I cut the expensive stainless (wanted to bew sure of my measurements).. Whats the best way to mount these burners, there the blichmann burners. Use 3 L brackets (the sides and back), weld 3 pieces of stock ( i dont want the mounts to show from the front)? looking for a clean look. Anybody got any pics on how you mounted yours..

The way ya see the stand would be the bottom of course, I have pleanty of holes to work with cause these blichmann burners have or should I say had legs....

Thanks in advance, once my mock up is figured out its welding time:)

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

Okay, I think I figured it out. At this height it will be 3"" from burner to the bottom of the pots. Is there enough space for gas release, I know it cant be flush so will this work?

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMHO, you need more space for the gas to vent, I had all my keegle's angled on a 45, but I found the flue gasses burning the valve handle. And stop mocking up things in wood, it makes me look lazy. I am going to use some 1/8 angle iron instead of the 2x2", see burned valve handle on right keggle from gas going up the corners?

2013-03-02_16-21-54_246.jpg

IMHO, you need more space for the gas to vent, I had all my keegle's angled on a 45, but I found the flue gasses burning the valve handle. And stop mocking up things in wood, it makes me look lazy. I am going to use some 1/8 angle iron instead of the 2x2", see burned valve handle on right keggle from gas going up the corners?

Can you take a pic of your stand and burner without the keggle on it? Maybe a shot looking at the top of the stand. Thanks.

If anybodys got any pics, tips, advice on how to mount these burners that would be great. Just wanna make sure I have enough venting for the gas to escape. If youve done a simular design, a banjo burner with a heat/wind shield please show me how you mounted. Thanks

Would mounting some kinda spacers on the top of the stand help this issue with gas escape?

That looks good to me! Looks like what the burners have when the legs are attached at least...

That looks good to me! Looks like what the burners have when the legs are attached at least...

Thanks bud, i thought so hard about your design i even posted a thread trying to find it..then you posted it here..lol

Love your rig, love the diamond plate.. If diamond plate was cheaper i would for sure build your design. Gotta have the diamond plate, nice touch!!

Well, prototype is complete..Got everything figured out, even did a burn test. Pleanty of gas escapes, wood got hot though...lol

Just ordered the steel, next up welding this beast to make it come alive...

Thanks for everyones help on the burners..

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

Latest posts

Back