Brew stand burner exhaust venting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trillium

Reaction score
I am designing a single tier brew stand and I'm scratching my head wondering if the exhaust venting is sufficient. The burner on the right shows how a lot of other brewers have built theirs (Brutus). The venting of exhaust would come out through the corners only. On the left I dropped the rear rail to allow lots of venting through the back. With this design though I'm worried that the lowered rail will interfere with the banjo burner stem and I would have to lower it too much.

Your input is appreciated.

Single Tier Brew Stand iii.jpg

Is this an original Picasso?

I think weakening structural members is a greater concern than venting an open frame.

If you are running your burners correctly the only thing you really need to worry about exhausting is heat. Any of your designs work, as long as they can support the weight.

I'm not going to build it that way. I'm just showing two burner designs in the same drawing.

Back