brew Inventory software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gp125racer

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im putting together a piece of software that will alow you to track your brew stash inventory. Im starting out with a"brewed beers" inventory, and would like some feedback as to what info might be nice to store. So far I have:

* Brew name
* Brewers name (or brewery)
* ABV (%)
* Quantity
* Type (Ale, Lager etc)
* Bottled on
* Bottle Type (12, 22, etc)
* Awards won
* Brew Notes

What else? Ill be adding recipes and such later, keep in mind this is just for your brewed beer stash at this point. :rockin:

-=gp125racer=-

These items are good and I think its really cool that you're making the effort to do this. I do have a suggestion.

Ultimately in homebrewing 'inventory' for beer is really a question of 'how soon do I need to brew anotehr batch to keep the kegerator from going dry' not 'how much do I have on hand'.

I think the community would be better served if you were to integrate a recipe/materials database into some sort of brew schedule/reminder/calendar.

For those fortunate enough to have multiple kegs how about a Keg number and corresponding beer that is in said keg. I am going to assume that is a problem as i do not keg just yet. BUT, i hope to soon know the sorrys of multiple kegs, the bar is under construction as we speak and the mini fridge is patiently waiting to be fitted just under the bar top.

Korncob, I appreciate the feedback, and this is one of my ultimate goals.

As a newbie, and a programmer its easier for me to:
1) do something I can benefit from immediately (I know Im selfish)
2) do something i know about. Im still doing EG kits, let alone all grain.

My goal here is to create an inventory in which you can use for yourself, and view others brews as well. If you see a brew you like, youll be able to propose a trade to them, for brews in your inventory. Im hoping this will assist others like myself who dont know many people who drink beer, but would like feedback on what theyve brewed, and get a chance to experience more than what the local liquor store has available. All of course for free, you just pay shipping of your brew to the agreed person and they do likewise and salute!

As for kegs, no problem. I dont see why I couldnt add that as a container type.

The recipes portion I will integrate into the site over time, as I gain more experience as I want it to be a brew calculator as well as a inventory tracker. For instance, if while viewing the public recipe repository you see a recipe you like, you can tell instantly what ingriedents youll need before brew day.

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming!
-=gp125racer=-

Back