Brew Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cadensdad16

Reaction score
Anybody watch this show on the Esquire Network? Two guys going around gathering ingredients to make beers. Well tonight they are making a bacon stout with maple syrup. They just threw the cooked bacon into their boil then transferred right to the carboy. Got thinking, how would all that nasty grease effect fermentation?

Awesome show. Creative, unique, makes you want to never stop watching. Free episodes are available online, I highly recommend it. They brew something crazy in a crazy location each week.

Just so happens my name is James Martin too. It's weird watching the show and hearing them say my name all the time. Lol
I liked the show last night...

I enjoy that show too. Did the ever explain how is it that at the end of the show, they are drinking the beer they made in that episode? Do they come to town, brew, leave and then come back when the beer is done fermenting? Or more likely I think they probably arrive with the beer already done and packaged. Then for the show, they do the goofy gimmicky brewday and in reality, just dump the resulting wort and serve the beer they came with.

Didn't sierra nevada do an expirement with using olive oil instead of oxygenating the wort for fermentation. I believe it was discussed in the book yeast. Would the bacon grease be similar to the olive oil that Sierra Nevada used? I agree that there would be 0 head retention, but it would possibly decrease the need for oxygenation.

I love the show, many of the things they do are dubious- but pushing the edge of the envelope is a risky endeavor.

I love them, because of their passion for beer, they are very magnetic.

I like the show because I want to brew something outrageous right afterwards (brews BM Centennial Blonde...) but hey, I have a killer pirate stout in the works!

I really like the show. I do doubt that most of those beers are even drinkable but hell it is entertaining.

Some shows are better than others but it's all in fun.
They came to New Orleans and I went for the taping of the end of the show and they were hillarious. The beer they made here was crap but very few would admit it. I'm sure they make better beer but brewing with bayou water is a dumb idea and yukky. Still, they were friendly and funny guys who enjoy what they do.

It's definitely a fun show to watch and a great resource if you'll be touring the city that's highlighted. I'm glad they episodes are an hour long; last season's were only a half hour.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

just b/c it's been resurrected...anyone try their cocoa psycho? Store down the street has single 12oz bottles...for nearly $12 EACH. I can't bring myself to do it. Yet. Just curious if someone else has tried it...

just b/c it's been resurrected...anyone try their cocoa psycho? Store down the street has single 12oz bottles...for nearly $12 EACH. I can't bring myself to do it. Yet. Just curious if someone else has tried it...

Five finger discount?

Latest posts

Back