New York Brew and Beyond Bottle Share 1/19/17 - Long Island

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewAndBeyond

Reaction score
Hi, we are having an informal bottle share on 1/19/17 at the Brew and Beyond homebrew shop in Calverton NY:

1/19/17 - 7:00-9:00 PM

4470 Middle Country Rd.
Calverton, NY 11933

http://www.brewandbeyond.com

Just something to share a few homebrews and discuss brewing.

(East End, Long Island NY)

We are having another bottle share on 2/16/17 - 7:00-9:00 PM. Going forward we plan on doing this the third Thursday of each month. Thanks.

bump

What's up Long Island brewers?

Brewing an IPA today.

Had a friend over on Friday and she opted for my pale ale over white wine. I told her she didn't have to be nice by drinking my beer - but she insisted she liked the beer. Yahoo!

Been working on a fermentation chamber, paying more attention to fermentation temps - especially with summer on door step.

I have a kolsch and a Citra Pale ale in kegs in the fermentation box waiting to be tapped.

What are you brewing these days?

Great feeling isn't it?
I'm drinking an experimental rye pa, pretty good, I'll make more. I have a IIPA on tap that didn't come out as planned, but it's still quite good.

Just carbed up an IPA in the ol' kegorator and it's gooooood. Kept it simple and used 001 instead of 1318. Sometimes we can get too fancy right?

Cheers all!

On Saturday I just Brewed an IPA and tried it with only using Mosaic Hops. Then I bottled a small SMaSH test batch that was Marris Otter and Exp Stone Fruit (#06297) Hops.

Huntington here. Let's do a Sand City meet up. We can raise a glass to Gunthers and wish their rebuild good luck

Huntington here. Let's do a Sand City meet up. We can raise a glass to Gunthers and wish their rebuild good luck

Howdy Neighbor.....
Terrible what happened to Gunther's. Looks like the physical bar will be salvagable.

I am always game to throw back a few at Sand City.

Tom

We now have a 2nd Brewery in Northport in Britannia Yacht Center...but no tasting room there.

We should pick a day and grab a few flights at Sand City and BS about what we are brewing.

Yesterday, I tapped the Kolsch - recipe from beer smith's database : Lloyd's Krispy Kolsch. This one pleased both the craft drinkers and the BMC drinkers. Initial malt taste with a clean dry subtle hop finish.

The guys next door had a coors keg for a BBQ. Side by side, the average BMC drinker can really appreciate a craft beer that isn't heavy or hopped up. A couple of guys were adamant that they would spend money on a beer like this.

It's a great example of an ale imitating a pilsner, but more forgiving for those of us without refrigerated fermentation chambers. I was able to keep this between 55° and 65° for several weeks in my insulted fermentation box with ice blanket and frozen water bottles.

Forget the wheat and golden ales to as the light option at the brew pubs. This beer style is a home run for the summer.

For 2.5 gallons net (2.75 batch size)

OG 1.051 est 1.047 actual
FG 1.011 est 1.006 actual
ABV: 5.3%
IBUs 27.7

4lb 8oz German Pils 2 row
1lb 2oz Vienna
4.5 oz Cara Pils
.75 oz Hallertauer at 60
.50 oz Hallertauer at 20
Nottingham yeast

BIAB Strike at 156 and mash at 150 for 90 mins.
Water profile = balanced

Primary 2 weeks
Primed and kegged 3 weeks
tapped at 12 psi

IMG_1373.jpg

The beer is clear (you can see at the bottom). The condensation makes it appear hazy.

Harbor Head Brewing Company in Northport grand opening tomorrow Sat. June 3rd at 1pm.

Free tastings, giveaways, BBQ and more!

Excited to taste the latest craft brewer on the island.

Let's get this going. Sand City is an excellent venue for getting together, sampling some beer and talking about our home brewing.

Let's pick a saturday night. Does this saturday work for us? If not, make some suggestions that work for your guys and I'll clear my calendar.

We have so many venues to check out which is something once upon a time, I could never say about Long Island. BTW, my former assistant's husband opened that place in freeport this year so I can make some inquiries if, nay, when we visit it.

who's in?

I'm in. We obviously missed last week. I am good any Friday night if that works or if it needs to be a Saturday its probably July 15 or 22.

Back