Brett pellicle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electrake

Reaction score
Vial of Brett pitched 1 week ago, yesterday it was clear and today this! Doesn't look like any Brett pellicle I've seen before however

20170916_113508.jpg

This has become fairly thick, like a krausen. I'm crossing fingers for a brett krausen

It does look like a krausen and brett can do that. What was the og and gravity at transfer? When was it brewed?

brewed a week ago yesterday, OG was 1.062. It's more of an experiment, 20 gallon brew put into 4 carboys each with a different yeast. I've used brett a few times, but never as the primary yeast.

Cool, thanks for the input. Brett is the primary yeast this fermentation, and I do understand their reproduction and fermentation phases are drastically longer than servo. It's going to be an IPA, just need to decide if i want to hop on krausen or not...

I usually let my Brett IPAs go for 3 to 4 weeks then dry hop before transferring to keg. I find that this leaves a lot of the hop character that would otherwise be scrubbed by the fermentation

I usually let my Brett IPAs go for 3 to 4 weeks then dry hop before transferring to keg. I find that this leaves a lot of the hop character that would otherwise be scrubbed by the fermentation

The consideration for myself was a double dry hop. This is at the brewery I work at, so I'm not worried about the cost of the hops lol.

Latest posts

Back