Breast pump to replace march pump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to assume he already had the breast pump when he asked this question 7 months ago :p

If for some reason he was asking some 7 months ago just look at the money he saved on a breast augmentation (boob enhancement) job, this pleasing for moms and especially for dads. Money saved should more than pay for a couple large March pumps.

First time ever for literally LOL'ing at work while reading HBT. Love it!

EDIT: Still trying to figure out if OP was serious....He couldn't be...could he?

Magnetic drive pumps suck, use your oral pump it's more fun except when the
whippersnapper is giving you that evil eye look from the adjoining boob. That "i'm not sharing" damn guilty look.
A cleavage can sever a marriage if it's not your wifes.

Awesome thread. I was actually hoping it would work. My wife has an expensive breast pump that wont be necessary for long and it would be hilarious to tell everyone what I did with it.

I usually try not to laugh at my own jokes....however....I was Googleing "best brew pump" but accidentally typed "breast brew pump" (not sure why) and this thread was the first result. I laughed so hard I woke my wife up. She didn't think it was as funny. As you guessed, I STILL do not have a brew pump, or a breast pump for that matter. I will however be ordering one this month, brew pump that is.

I'm glad this thread had a little life left. I thought it was too good of a topic to die so quick.

And the crack about using a March pump for a breast pump....hilarious...she said no.

In fairness to the op, I did see some boob using a breast pump to decant starter wort from a flask.not saying it's a replacement for a march pump, but the breast pump some of us may have lying around could possibly see some action in our processes.

I know its an old thread, but one like this should never die. I may have even found a new signature

In fairness to the op, I did see some boob using a breast pump to decant starter wort from a flask.not saying it's a replacement for a march pump, but the breast pump some of us may have lying around could possibly see some action in our processes.

I know its an old thread, but one like this should never die. I may have even found a new signature

Sanitize a tube and siphon it out, start the siphon with your mouth if you want to.

What a hilarious thread. Well done OP. I'm shocked that you considered this. ;)

mikeysab said:

Was that by chance TakeSomeAdvice on YouTube? If so, you'll notice he was the laughing stock of the YouTube drinking/brewing community. I wouldn't take anything he said/did seriously

Yeah, that tool. I personally wouldn't take any advice from him, but he did use a breast pump with success, thats all.

Resurrected threads are awesome. I would have never known about it if not for you Mikeysab. Thank you...

So hilarious! And I agree he's a tool... and not the cool type like a chain saw, but a broken monkey wrench. "Oh yooper please send me a thermometer".... seriously?

Haha, did he beg her for a thermometer? He didn't last too long here, although i'm sure he either changed his name or lurks. What an annoying jackass. His video with the breast pump is ridiculous.

Haha, yea, he did successfully use it. He also used sanitized latex gloves, and a face mask....

He hasn't had any activity on YouTube in over a year. I go back every now and then when I'm super bored and watch a video or 2 of his.

I heard he was laughed off HBT.

Yeah, he was laughed off HBT. He had a problem with the Coopers fermenter because he had no airlock activity. He insisted that he should, and despite our attempts to convince him he was okay, he kept bad mouthing Coopers and telling everybody not to buy their equipment. It went downhill fast and Yooper basically told him to take our advice or get lost. He took her latter piece of advice, and we haven't heard from hom since. Good thing, he's full of bad info and doesn't know jack about beer, drinking or brewing

He likes to start stuff with people all over the place for some reason. I think he's got some mental issues, kinda like Kim Jong Il. What the heck is up with him and his love of medium chain proteins and head retention?

My mistake he was talking about SteelJan ...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86vi9iHFkFY]Thermometer SHOWDOWN! - YouTube[/ame]

mikeysab said:
Geez, that face. Definitely pee wee hermans doppelganger

Yea he was definitely the black sheep of the playhouse.

I will admit that a while back, I tried to listen to all his videos. I listen to a lot of YouTube at work while I'm doing real work. And a lot of them made me LOL at work. Especially when he was saying how the head and lacing tell the story of the beer, and whenever he was real excited about something.

Did you watch his first all grain series? When the yeast portion of the series by itself was 77 minutes (7 part series 11 min each)? And after all that hard work and money he hated the beer

I think his saying that he was getting a new job, over and over again, was to hide the fact that the internet hates him. He kept reiterating how long it took to do the video's and editing, etc. Get over it... people don't care.

I check my thermometers' calibration once a year, and use a lab mercury thermometer. This guy makes my eyes and ears bleed. I honestly just cannot listen to the whole video.
Sadly, I tried.

I check my thermometers' calibration once a year, and use a lab mercury thermometer. This guy makes my eyes and ears bleed. I honestly just cannot listen to the whole video.
Sadly, I tried.

I accidentally saw one of his videos 2 nights ago when I did a search for 'craigtube'. I don't think I made it half-way through the thing. He is more repetitive than my 3-year old.

Back on topic, I will try this breast pump idea before the end of the week! I just can't make myself go back to that siphon....

Back