Brand new from St. Louis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evonnida

Reaction score
I heard about this forum from some buddies on Puff.com, a cigar forum. A buddy and I are going to start brewing in a couple of weeks, we don't even have the supplies yet. I figure I can learn quite a bit here so I don't screw up too bad when we do get started.

I can't wait to get to know you all and learn a lot about brewing!

Welcome, Their are kits full of ingredients and starter kits full of equipment. The ingredient kits are great way to start. The equipment kits are good too, but you may find you have that stuff around your home; so you just need ether a carboy/fermentor and an air lock. The first brew is lots of fun and a little pain, a nice big pot is good to have. Don't let it boil over, keep the faith, it gets easier.

So just over a month after joining, I finally brewed my first batch.

Last night we brewed an 5 gallon Amber Ale from Midwest. Had a couple problems getting it going on the stove, so we moved to a propane burner which worked great. Pitched a different yeast than the one that came with it and after about 18 hours I've noticed a bubble in the airlock about once every 5-10 seconds. Hope that's good!

We're grabbing a few more kits to do this weekend until we have it down. Thanks for all the help here guys!

Latest posts

Back