Bottling Individual Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HokieHomeBrew

Reaction score
I just started kegging, but I like to save at least a 6-pack of beer per batch so I can try it down the road. I am going to individually prime the bottles and don't want to use the carb tabs if I don't have to. Just wondering whats the best way to do it. How much corn sugar to use per bottle? Any good techniques? I haven't had success with it in the past. Thanks.

It's a linear calculation. My usual 5.5 gal batch I use 3.5 ounces (by weight) of corn sugar. 5.5gal is 704oz. You're looking to bottle 72oz. That's 10.2%. 10.2% of 3.5oz Is about .35 ounces. So mix that with about 2 fl oz of water, boil and mix with your beer before you bottle.

Orrrrr there's a thread on here describing how to bottle your legged beer. Search for 'need stinking beer gun' you'll find it.

Or fill some bottles from the keg once it is carbed. Search on here for BMBF or "we don't need no stinking ber gun" (I think thats the thread name)

Latest posts

Back