Bottling/drinking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lavellmike702

Reaction score
So today is the big day of bottling it's my first brew and I am just wondering can I start drinking some of the beer right now just chill it as drink? Or do I need I let it sit and carbonate with the sugar cubes in the bottle? It's a pregame before st pattys and wanna show off my ipa I brewed up. Thanks guys

You need to give it about three weeks at room temp to carb up. You can drink it now its just flat beer:)

That's what I thought I'd like to see how it taste one won't hurt

It's going to taste like crap, it's going to be flat, green and have loose sugar in it. Why waste the beer? That's one less then you'll have when it's actually tasting great?

Why drink a crappy beer just because you have no patience, when you could have 48 beautiful beers when they're all ready.

We don't tell you that it takes 3 weeks minimum because we're mean and want to deprive you of your beer.

We tell you this because 1) Green beer tastes like crap, and 2) it takes 3 weeks, 3) 48 perfectly carbed and conditioned beer is much better than 47 perfectly carbed beers.

You usually won't have a full bottle as your last beer. I usually drink a half a warm flat beer when I finish bottling.

The advice is true about waiting for 3 weeks or so. But as a new brewer myself, i tasted a beer every week to see how it changes. And i would imagine that a majority of people here did the same.

With my last batch I'm finding that the longer it sits the better it's getting but my impatience has only left me with 13 wonderful beers.

If I only waited.

Uh oh, oh god please no.... I haven't even been around here for that long and I already notice those certain comments that are bound to spark a repeat debate...star-san/iodo, secondaries, tasting early bottles....i'm like....

Groundhog-Day-4.jpg

Back