Bottled soda from BiB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tator223

Reaction score
So I am trying to bottle soda using pre-made BiBs from Pepsi and Coke. I am looking to actually make a THC infused beverage.

I have all the sanitization down for all the equipment. I will be using force carb in a 5gal corny keg. I will be using a counter pressure bottle filler to fill the bottles without losing carbonation.

My question is once bottled, what would be the shelf life of the product? Will I need to add more preservatives? Heat preserve it? Any ideas on how to approach shelf life?

What are you using to disperse the THC? That will probably affect shelf life as fats are best for THC absorption. Otherwise there are a lot of preservatives in commercial soda.

We are using a small amount of carrier oil to help disperse it. We also designed a formulation to help hold the suspension and emulsion for 6 months without breaking or having any issues with separation.

My guess is you would be good for 6 months then. I add no preservatives to my soda and serve off the keg until they are gone, up to 3 months. I have never had issues even with my fruit flavored sodas that have some natural oils, but mine are always around 40 f. Not sure if this helps or not.

My guess is you would be good for 6 months then. I add no preservatives to my soda and serve off the keg until they are gone, up to 3 months. I have never had issues even with my fruit flavored sodas that have some natural oils, but mine are always around 40 f. Not sure if this helps or not.
I know this is an old thread....but. Do you buy the premade syrup and carbonate in the kegs yourself? I'm planning a kegerator/keezer build and want to dispense soda through one of the lines also

I know this is an old thread....but. Do you buy the premade syrup and carbonate in the kegs yourself? I'm planning a kegerator/keezer build and want to dispense soda through one of the lines also
That shouldn't be a problem, after all long before BiB systems existed and home brewers discovered the wonder that is the corny keg, premixed sodas were put in these 5 gallon wonders of joy. Most BiB syrup is a 5:1 ratio, so you would need about 0.833 gallons of syrup and then fill the tank with water and force carbonate. Of course you can adjust the ratio to taste. Now, you may need to have a separate regulator and use stainless steel tap, but there is some more info on premix in this thread here: Coca-Cola Pre-Mix Question
Good luck!

Sorry for the late response, life's been busy and I don't get on here as much as I like. I make all my soda from scratch, no premade syrup or flavors. I believe sodium11 has great advice for premade syrup. Other than that soda dispensing is a lot like beer, just higher pressure and long serving lines for balancing the system.

That shouldn't be a problem, after all long before BiB systems existed and home brewers discovered the wonder that is the corny keg, premixed sodas were put in these 5 gallon wonders of joy. Most BiB syrup is a 5:1 ratio, so you would need about 0.833 gallons of syrup and then fill the tank with water and force carbonate. Of course you can adjust the ratio to taste. Now, you may need to have a separate regulator and use stainless steel tap, but there is some more info on premix in this thread here: Coca-Cola Pre-Mix Question
Good luck!
How do you dispense from the bag without a post mix? Is there anyway to rig up a spout? I would love to get a setup but it seems there is not a viable option under $1000. I have plenty of corny kegs, co2, and water though.

Good luck!
Never mind I got that figured out. This sounds like a good cheap way to have some soda at home.

Latest posts

Back