Quantcast

Bottled soda from BiB

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Tator223

Reaction score
So I am trying to bottle soda using pre-made BiBs from Pepsi and Coke. I am looking to actually make a THC infused beverage.

I have all the sanitization down for all the equipment. I will be using force carb in a 5gal corny keg. I will be using a counter pressure bottle filler to fill the bottles without losing carbonation.

My question is once bottled, what would be the shelf life of the product? Will I need to add more preservatives? Heat preserve it? Any ideas on how to approach shelf life?

Mtrhdltd

Reaction score
What are you using to disperse the THC? That will probably affect shelf life as fats are best for THC absorption. Otherwise there are a lot of preservatives in commercial soda.

OP
T

Tator223

Reaction score
We are using a small amount of carrier oil to help disperse it. We also designed a formulation to help hold the suspension and emulsion for 6 months without breaking or having any issues with separation.

Mtrhdltd

Reaction score
My guess is you would be good for 6 months then. I add no preservatives to my soda and serve off the keg until they are gone, up to 3 months. I have never had issues even with my fruit flavored sodas that have some natural oils, but mine are always around 40 f. Not sure if this helps or not.