Bottled first beer - BINGO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadabrew

Reaction score
So yesterday I set about bottling my first homebrew (and drinking some). Now I can see why many of you are hooked on this great pastime.

It tastes good so i'm hoping it just gets better from there.

One question I have is that I understand the ideal temperature for letting the bottles carb up is 70 F. My room with the most consistent temp is approx 64-66 F

Is that still going to do the job or do I need to get a space heater or something like that?

:mug:

in general lower temps == smoother flavor, but longer. higher temps == stronger but faster. i prefer cooler temps, but for ales no lower than 55F (depending on your yeast). specifically about carbonation, do you know about the plastic bottle trick?

in general lower temps == smoother flavor, but longer. higher temps == stronger but faster. i prefer cooler temps, but for ales no lower than 55F (depending on your yeast). specifically about carbonation, do you know about the plastic bottle trick?

no ... whats the plastic bottle trick?

mid 60's and 70's are fine. just don't store them hot, anything room temp will work

76F is too high if you can help it. a day or two here or there, fine. but not long term.

Skaggz is right about the plastic bottle trick. if you squeeze the plastic bottle and it's hard, then it's carbed :D

Back