Bottled conditioned, now what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelican521

Reaction score
My first brew has been in bottles for 4.5 weeks now and had plenty of carbonation. How should I store them if I don't want to drink them right away? I'm thinking 3 or 4 months down the road. Should I keep them in the 70 degree room (my furnace room) or move them to a cooler place (40-50 degrees)?

It's a ESB clone.

holy cow! i'm not sure how you had the patience to wait for 4 1/2 weeks to crack one open. i was dying to drink my first brew. anyway, i store mine at room temperature in their box. the first brew lasted fine for four months.

Beer ages faster at room temperature. If they are at their peak, either cellaring them or putting them in the fridge can slow down the aging process to preserve them.

You put some in the fridge to drink, and you leave the others wherever you can. If you have a cool place, fine, that's the best, but if you don't leave them where they've been conditioning at room temp. There's no real wrong answer to this. Whatever you can do, you do. I've had beers stored for years at room temps and they really were fine.

Thanks for the input. I'll put them in a spot that's a bit cooler then. Oh, and I wasn't that patient, I've gone through a 12 pack so far ;)

Back