Bottle Washer Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evlbstrd

Reaction score
My brew partner and I brew 10 gallon all-grain batches. We don't keg (and don't really have any desire to). Our brewery is as low-tech as we can keep it. But we're sick of prepping 100 bottles per batch. So, we set out to relieve that tedium, inspired by another dishwasher project I saw on HomeBrewTalk. Without further ado, here is the construction of the washer racks:

[ame=http://img370.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img370/2895/1228888026mzr.smil]ImageShack(TM) slideshow[/ame]

Installation and maiden voyage (hopefully) to come this weekend.

Thanks for sharing on your first post.

That's a butt load of copper.

So you are putting the bottles on the arms upside down and connecting water to the main copper pipe to clean them? Would the bottles shoot off with enough pressure?

Luckily, copper has come down in price recently. And it's less expensive and more durable than CPVC.

We'll see if we've actually made a bottle rocket launcher.

I'm very interested in how you go about installing the manifolds in a dishwasher (I assume it is one with an upper arm assembly rather than the tree that pops up the middle). Also curious if the flow rate of the dishwasher will supply enough pressure for 128 nozzles or if the ones furthest from the water source will even get enough pressure to be effective. Have you got a way to mount a video camera inside the dishwasher?

A project like this has fluttered about the back of my brain ever since I saw this

The dishwasher has top and bottom water supplies, the bottom being a pop-up. We're going to try using sink supply lines with stainless braid wraps to connect to them. If the pressure isn't high enough, we may need to "upgrade" the pump.
When we try it, we'll override the door latch/switch to see how it's working and I'll post those pictures.
The link you gave is another of my inspirations for this.

Hi Evlbstrd, this looks great. Did you ever get it working 100% and have you any more pictures? I'm thinking of something like this on a smaller scale. If I could do about 40 bottles at a time I'd be happy. What sort of pump did you need to get a reasonable pressure? I was thinking along the lines of using a submersible pump such as http://www.handyhardware.ie/cat/Submersible-Pumps/262/888 . Let me know please. Very interested in ur project. Looks great!

Hi Evlbstrd, this looks great. Did you ever get it working 100% and have you any more pictures? I'm thinking of something like this on a smaller scale. If I could do about 40 bottles at a time I'd be happy. What sort of pump did you need to get a reasonable pressure? I was thinking along the lines of using a submersible pump such as http://www.handyhardware.ie/cat/Submersible-Pumps/262/888 . Let me know please. Very interested in ur project. Looks great!

For what it is worth Evlbstrd hasn't posted in 2.5 years. :(

Back