bottle conditioning problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigrand

Reaction score
I just made my first 2 batches N.B. Nut brown ale and Irish red ale extract kits.I bottled 12 each of them to share with friends and kegged the rest.The bottled ones were no good the nut brown ale was too flat and the Irish red had an awful after taste but was carbed fine.The kegged ones both tasted good to me.I used brewers best conditioning tablets 4 tablets per bottle which said would be medium carbonation.Is this a bad method?And do you have to carb different styles differently?I want to always bottle only a few to share from each batch and would like to do better than the fist time.

unionrdr if i bottle after keg carbing do I have to add anything to bottles or will it stay carbed?

If you're filling from the keg chill your bottles in the freezer for a little while before filling to keep the beer from foaming up and lower the pressure to like 3 pounds. Fill slow

I've only been brewing just over a year now and I bottle almost 100%. Sometimes I fill a Party Pig but mostly I bottle. One thing I've noticed is the lighter beers need less time to carb up than say the darker beers do. I try to let the lighter beers sit in bottles for a month before I open em [I said I try :) ]. The darker beers always seem to start coming into their own in the 2 - 3 month time frame.

Latest posts

Back