Bottle conditioning - fact check

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmccraney

Reaction score
Hi guys. I recently put together an article on bottle conditioned beer for my homebrew blog aimed to teach craft beer drinkers what bottle conditioned means, why it's different from filtered/force carbed beer, and how it should be handled. The idea is if I hand somebody a homebrew who has never had one or is unfamiliar with bottle conditioned beer (most people), I have a good resource I can point them to to explain it.

At least I think it's a good resource. Would you guys mind fact checking it to make sure everything I said is accurate? If I went astray I would love to know about it and if you have a reference I would love to see it so I can learn more. Thanks for the help, and hopefully somebody else can get some use out of this as well.

http://1-21jigawatts.blogspot.com/2014/07/bottle-conditioned-beer.html

Hey nice read I do not know about the facts.

I enjoyed you wording "the glass must be painstakingly prepared to receive the sacred elixir in an ancient ritual".

I would suggest in your abstrct you give a lot more detail to the "yeast which are fed a measured amount of sugar" In that your nube reading this would think table sugar and we all know when bottle conditioning the type of sugar used does matter. You might also talk a lillte about how extended ageing time can add value.

regards,
sfish

Cool, thanks for the feedback.

After going back to the priming section I see what you mean. I ended up changing it to "simple sugars" since I wanted to refer to the general principle as priming sugar can come from many sources--corn sugar, honey, extract, wort, etc.

Hmm aging. I touched on it, but certainly did not do it justice. I'll revisit that section and see if I can explain the flavor development better.

Thanks for the advice and kind words guys!

Latest posts

Back