Bottle carbonation - room temp or fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickeyT

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Quick question - I've got a Lager that sat for two weeks at 55F and is now doing 3 days at 64F.

Do I cold crash for a week in the fermenter, or bottle it after the 3 days at 64F?

And then, do I leave the bottles at room temp for a while before I Lager for a week?

I would cold crash before bottling, then bottle it cold (don't forget your priming sugar!), then let it warm up to 70-75F for about 2-3 weeks to carbonate before lagering. It has to have the warm temps for a couple weeks after bottling to carbonate.

I would cold crash before bottling, then bottle it cold (don't forget your priming sugar!), then let it warm up to 70-75F for about 2-3 weeks to carbonate before lagering. It has to have the warm temps for a couple weeks after bottling to carbonate.

Thanks!
Cold crash for how long? A week?

My previous batch, I have bottled and stuck in the fridge at 50F before it could carbonate properly. Can I take it out now (three weeks after bottling) and let it go back to room temperature to carbonate? They are definitely not very well carbonated at this stage and has that green taste still.

My previous batch, I have bottled and stuck in the fridge at 50F before it could carbonate properly. Can I take it out now (three weeks after bottling) and let it go back to room temperature to carbonate? They are definitely not very well carbonated at this stage and has that green taste still.

Yes, definitely.

Back