Bottle capper recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainHighYeast

Pickle Rick
Reaction score
Are there any capper brand you could recommend? I see there are infinite on amazon but I don't want a piece of junk or to support amazon, either. Does it matter what kind of caps I get?

Depends on your needs and budget. If your a vintner as well as brewer then a ferrari floor/bench corker/capper would work great. If your looking for cheap then the morebeer emily capper is pretty decent. Suggest you read the reviews on homebrew sites as opposed to amazon.
Personally I used this capper from Midwest. It works well but since I keg its rarely used anymore

Depends on your needs and budget. If your a vintner as well as brewer then a ferrari floor/bench corker/capper would work great. If your looking for cheap then the morebeer emily capper is pretty decent. Suggest you read the reviews on homebrew sites as opposed to amazon.
Thats good advice. As far as needs or desires I would like something that out lives me. You know, the way things used to be made?

This is what I did to mine:
IMG_3213.jpg

And it works great....it requires significant force so the broader base helps a lot.

fwiw, I capped for a few years with a Super Agata, still have it for bottling boat beers from the keezer, and as long as I kept the bell lightly lubed it worked perfectly...

Cheers!

I have intentionally restricted my brewing footprints to a minimum. I do not have a bench capper.

Instead, I use a combination of swing-top (Grolsch etc) bottles and screw-cap bottles. With the latter, I save and re-use the screw caps. Screw cap on, invert bottle, and if there is no leak, it is securely sealed. Works for me, 100% so far (3 years).

Back