Boston area thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent I'll be back in Boston for Christmas hopefully there will still be Some

Just found a massive stack at a large, non-craft focused liquor store. $12 a 4pk. $67 a case. It's all happening!!!!
Really? Where? I've only seen it at Redstone... Halfway through a case at this point too.
First we get Larry in cans at a great ****ing price. Then we get sixers of Hoponius... at a great ****ing price. Now, we ge this.
Hell. Yes. This state is truly getting it right these days.

Really? Where? I've only seen it at Redstone... Halfway through a case at this point too.
First we get Larry in cans at a great ****ing price. Then we get sixers of Hoponius... at a great ****ing price. Now, we ge this.
Hell. Yes. This state is truly getting it right these days.

Martignetti's in Brighton

Finally went to the new bar in fort point - Row 34. The tap list is awesome and crazy cheap. Pints are $6-$7. Got a fort point pale dry hopped with galaxy at the oyster event. All the seafood I tried was great too.

Finally went to the new bar in fort point - Row 34. The tap list is awesome and crazy cheap. Pints are $6-$7. Got a fort point pale dry hopped with galaxy at the oyster event. All the seafood I tried was great too.

That Galaxy Fort Point is unbelievable. I brought all of my Trillium growlers to the city for a little taste of the stuff.

Jack's Abby exploded their Jabby Brau batch, sadness, but at least the BA Framinghammer is still safe!

I'm checking out Row 34 after work Friday, anyone else have a good experience yet besides bearsonacid?

Jack's Abby exploded their Jabby Brau batch, sadness, but at least the BA Framinghammer is still safe!

I'm checking out Row 34 after work Friday, anyone else have a good experience yet besides bearsonacid?

Yup, wen a few nights ago. Place is a winner for sure. Food was fantastic, beer list is quality and thoughtfully chosen, service is on point.
Loved it.

Row 34 looks killer. Will need to get over there soon. Impressive to see loons on a boston bottle list too, although I'm sure they'll be gone soon enough... any place with draft Tilquin is good by me though.

These Trillium baby taster glasses are awesome. HF stem shown for reference
IMG_20131214_185852_917_zpsee792bc2.jpg

375ml bottle release of whiskey BA pot & kettle should be coming out very soon

These Trillium baby taster glasses are awesome. HF stem shown for reference
IMG_20131214_185852_917_zpsee792bc2.jpg

375ml bottle release of whiskey BA pot & kettle should be coming out very soon

They are very cool. I'm not a glassware guy but I was tempted to buy one the last time I was there. I think they were $5, sample included.

Went to Row 34 during the storm last night, will definitely be going back. Solid beer list and the food was excellent. The Row 34 oysters were the winner, I guess they float so they don't get any sand in them, really nice.

If anybody is still looking there are 5 cases of BCBS chillin on the floor at Supreme in Cambridge, plus coffee, BW, and Backyard behind the counter. Charles St. Liquors should have them all too if that's closer. Enjoy!

If anybody is still looking there are 5 cases of BCBS chillin on the floor at Supreme in Cambridge, plus coffee, BW, and Backyard behind the counter. Charles St. Liquors should have them all too if that's closer. Enjoy!
Supreme Is out of coffee

I've been told this crap was dropped everywhere in large quantity. Kappy's in Medford got a **** load

Yeah it's been popping up everywhere. I feel dumb for hitting up like 12 stores on Black Friday now, I should have stayed in bed and waited for the hype to die down

On a whiskey note, has anyone gone to Brick and Morter in Central Sq recently? I heard they have a bottle of PVW 15 and 20 they are pouring and I was curious how much a pour is. Haven't had time to stop in and price check

On a whiskey note, has anyone gone to Brick and Morter in Central Sq recently? I heard they have a bottle of PVW 15 and 20 they are pouring and I was curious how much a pour is. Haven't had time to stop in and price check
Not sure about there but Toro should have all the PvWs right now. It tends to last there with Pappy 23 being $55 a glass. $5 more than last year. I remember it was $18 at Deep Ellum last year but I'm sure all of that is gone. The 15 and 20 aren't particularly worth the crazy markup IMO.

Not sure about there but Toro should have all the PvWs right now. It tends to last there with Pappy 23 being $55 a glass. $5 more than last year. I remember it was $18 at Deep Ellum last year but I'm sure all of that is gone. The 15 and 20 aren't particularly worth the crazy markup IMO.

Deep Ellum had VW12 a couple weeks ago, had a pour for $16 and I'm sure that's high but it was worth it to get my foot in the Van Winkle door

Coffee is, and has been, gone pretty much everywhere I've been. Had multiple bottles of barleywine offered to me today though, so there's still plenty of that, and I found a rogue Backyard yesterday.

By 'this crap' do you mean the regular, or particular variants?
Barley wine, regular, and Backyard I think.

I drank the Backyard last night and it was like a PB&J sugar bomb. Way too sweet for me. The barley wine was pretty good but also very sweet.

Barley wine, regular, and Backyard I think.

I drank the Backyard last night and it was like a PB&J sugar bomb. Way too sweet for me. The barley wine was pretty good but also very sweet.

Yeah I'm drinking the barleywine right now. Good flavors, but ****, the beetus is coming for me.

Bring on the sweet stuff, I thought the barleywine was killer...and somehow less expensive than the regular, don't know how they pulled that off but I'll take it

Pretty Things' Barbapapa - have you guys had this stuff yet? I'd put it up against Dark Lord, and at $8.00 a bomber it's stupid cheap. I have a feeling that the PT folks won't be pricing it so cheaply next year. Love this stuff.

Pretty Things' Barbapapa - have you guys had this stuff yet? I'd put it up against Dark Lord, and at $8.00 a bomber it's stupid cheap. I have a feeling that the PT folks won't be pricing it so cheaply next year. Love this stuff.

Had a glass at their anniversary party a couple weeks back. Tasty RIS but didn't really bowl me over. Standard Pretty Things...solid for the style but nothing I'll go out of my way for.

Had this strange aroma/taste that is found only in certain imperial stouts. I think Darkness has a smidgen of that element, but Barbapapa has a ton of it and I found it off-putting. Dark Lord is a sugary sweet, rich beer but even that was better than Barbapapa. Not unexpected of Pretty Things, but not really going to seek any of their stuff out at this point

Blatant makes beers besides the IPA and Session?
Saw a bottle (black label) of the imperial stout at Liquor World last week. Other than that there has also been the anniversary DIPA last year called One which was awesome.

Back