Boston area thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also I've been MIA lately but would also be down for some large Boston drink session. There is a private bowling alley in Somerville which can be rented and is BYOB. I'll get the deets off my friend this weekend and report back if there is any interest in this. I know with the DonFap sex beer group and the somerville tasting group im in with wdarcy77 plus others we could get a decent enough beer nerd party going. Also its close to Magoun's in Somerville which makes a damn good reuben and has Ayinger Oktoberfest on tap at the moment so we could get TalkBeer.com points if we add that in.

Also I'd just like to personally say

Hi Don.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone's still looking for Merkin, Streetcar may have 1 or 2 left. Stopped in last night and was lucky enough to see them sitting on the shelf.

I really wish this wasn't a brewery only release, I dun have time to drive out to Framinghammer to try this sweet sweet nectar

Not helpful to you in Northampton, but Gordon's in Waltham and Watertown also got bottles, because they provided barrels...

Wonder if MA will be selling Bourbon County on Black Friday, or delay it by a few weeks

I talked to a Bud rep about the Black Friday date a few weeks ago, and the one I talk to normally has no clue about most of the craft/goose island stuff until he is made aware of it in a company weekly/monthly meeting. He was already aware of the "release day" aspect and a few of the variants back then though, so I'm assuming that means they were informed of it pretty far back and that there will be a coordinated release in MA.

TLDR: Conjecture speculating a coordinated Black Friday release.

Rose de Gambrinus at Liquor World in Porter. Had about 7 bottles left when I was there. Also had a $75 bottle of High West Bourye for anyone interested. Didn't see or ask about Pappy.

Rose de Gambrinus at Liquor World in Porter. Had about 7 bottles left when I was there. Also had a $75 bottle of High West Bourye for anyone interested. Didn't see or ask about Pappy.

Pappy and BTAC hit today, but I'm sure a lot of places have lists.

Pappy and BTAC hit today, but I'm sure a lot of places have lists.
They hit Ball Sq yesterday and were put on the shelf according to tehzachatak. Redstone and Charles St. also have them but are doing raffles.

But yeah, places probably have lists, but Liquor World puts everything out when it comes to beer, so I figure their liquor would be the same.

They hit Ball Sq yesterday and were put on the shelf according to tehzachatak. Redstone and Charles St. also have them but are doing raffles.

But yeah, places probably have lists, but Liquor World puts everything out when it comes to beer, so I figure their liquor would be the same.

to be clear, when i say "shelf" at Ball Square, it's up front - but they advertise very clearly that they have it!

I just meant that they didn't seem to do a list.

yup. they claim that they dont do lists anymore for anything, but i heard some **** this time that they sold a bunch of their pappy to friends of the employees first and then only left a couple bottles out.

is what it is. Nate's a pretty good guy on the beer side!

yup. they claim that they dont do lists anymore for anything, but i heard some **** this time that they sold a bunch of their pappy to friends of the employees first and then only left a couple bottles out.

is what it is. Nate's a pretty good guy on the beer side!
Is it the same Nate who used to work at Whole Foods River St?

Is it the same Nate who used to work at Whole Foods River St?

I dunno. Only been here a couple years. Tall dude, short red-ish hair, glasses?

Nate.jpg

Super random but I have a big ass crystal decanter that I'm not using and would like to trade to someone who will use it or at least enjoy owning it. I'd put it up in the FT:ISO but it's way too big and heavy to ship so I'd rather swap local. If you ever felt like owning a 20 pound 2.5 ft tall decanter with a large crystal spike as a stopper then shoot me a message

7z0i.jpg

Next to the bottle for size comparison
y9fz.jpg

Some nice details...
azi2.jpg

It's supposedly real crystal, it just sits here, I'm sure someone could use it as a decoration or actually get some use out of it

Confirmed Friday for BCBS. Bud still finalizing distribution details, which is where some of the confusion/vagueness is coming from. I heard around 15 cases in the state for one of the variants, not sure which. Probably Backyard Rye.

Confirmed Friday for BCBS. Bud still finalizing distribution details, which is where some of the confusion/vagueness is coming from. I heard around 15 cases in the state for one of the variants, not sure which. Probably Backyard Rye.

Any ideas about coffee/barleywine? I kinda assumed there'd be a lot of those, but perhaps I am being overly optimistic.

Back