Boston area thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it on tap at the brewery?
Yeah it's their new year-round IPA. Ended up finding it at Lord Hobo minutes later. Fort Point on steroids, basically.

Related Lord Hobo note: they have Lost Nation Gose on tap and the Night Shift mint raspberry berliner tastes like paint thinner.

We get together in Brookline once a week, so I'm sure we can absorb you. We've had a constant group but it's been slowly dwindling. I'm also looking to get a large like once a month Saturday tasting going.
We really need to improve the community in Boston.
I miss boston... I'm probably moving back up from TX at the end of year. TX tasting are crazy down here breweries host tasting and you can bring outside beer

Im already getting texts about this new Trillium congress st IPA. Anyone try it yet?
On my way to Congress st in a couple hours. Picking up a Beaver Hat as well...Had a pint at Hobo at the Trillium event not long ago, thought it was one of JCs best so far. Waaaay better than Fort Point, and I love Fort Point...

Im already getting texts about this new Trillium congress st IPA. Anyone try it yet?
Had it Friday night at the Dive Bar in Worcester, my first Trillium beer I've had and thought it was amazing. Defiantly have to make a trek to the brewery.

Yeah it's their new year-round IPA. Ended up finding it at Lord Hobo minutes later. Fort Point on steroids, basically.

Related Lord Hobo note: they have Lost Nation Gose on tap and the Night Shift mint raspberry berliner tastes like paint thinner.

Yeah, I heard not-good things about that beer.

Cross posting from the Lawson's thread but if anyone wants a free ride to Lawson's, HF, and blue lobster Saturday from boston or points between, let me know. Disclaimer being we are leaving boston around 4am.

Picked up a growler yesterday. Drinking it as we speak. Neck and neck with Heady for the best non-Hill Farmstead IPA I have ever had and probably the best single IPA I've had, HF beers included. Just spectacularly juicy and tropical. I believe the brewer I talked to said Galaxy, dry hopped with CTZ. Not sure what else. Just a Galaxy bomb.

Picked up a growler yesterday. Drinking it as we speak. Neck and neck with Heady for the best non-Hill Farmstead IPA I have ever had and probably the best single IPA I've had, HF beers included. Just spectacularly juicy and tropical. I believe the brewer I talked to said Galaxy, dry hopped with CTZ. Not sure what else. Just a Galaxy bomb.

I agree that it's up there as far as single IPAs. I was in a rush when I was there Saturday and I had them fill my 32oz with it because the Fort Point kicked just before me. So glad I did because the big growler went quick between three of us.

Anyone going and tailgating at the pats game tomorrow? Jon and I are looking to share some bottles!

HNNNNNNNNNGGGGHHHHHH how did I miss that???? Tried to order one at Publick House yesterday and it had kicked. Had a Deciduous instead, which was also great. Did someone say this beer will be a regular?

It's easily as good as Julius as well. Beaver Hat is approaching Edward quality and is as good as ZD.
JC's tearin' it up...

HNNNNNNNNNGGGGHHHHHH how did I miss that???? Tried to order one at Publick House yesterday and it had kicked. Had a Deciduous instead, which was also great. Did someone say this beer will be a regular?

I thought I read somewhere that it would be the year round IPA.
That's what they said at the brewery as well. It's going to be year round as long as their don't run out of Galaxy hops (like they had just done with Citra).

I already said it was a new year-round at the top of this page.

It's easily as good as Julius as well. Beaver Hat is approaching Edward quality and is as good as ZD.
JC's tearin' it up...
Julius never gave me a wow-factor like everyone else so I dont cared for it that much. Congress st is much better than it IMO. I found more similarities in the growler of Susan I drank with congress over the weekend.

I already said it was a new year-round at the top of this page.

Julius never gave me a wow-factor like everyone else so I dont cared for it that much. Congress st is much better than it IMO. I found more similarities in the growler of Susan I drank with congress over the weekend.

Also not a big Julius fan, so glad to hear that. Apologies for not reading your posts carefully?

Julius never gave me a wow-factor like everyone else so I dont care for it that much. Congress st is much better than it IMO.

I've had similar thoughts on Julius. It's tasty stuff, but more like 4.25 than the 4.5 rAvg it has on BA, and I've had it many times. Really looking forward to trying that Trillium IPA.

How up-to-date is the Trillium's site? It says Congress St IPA is on tap so I might make a trip to check it out (and getting another set of brewery-specific growlers :mad:)

How up-to-date is the Trillium's site? It says Congress St IPA is on tap so I might make a trip to check it out (and getting another set of brewery-specific growlers :mad:)
Its usually accurate. A few times I've checked the website and the beer I wanted kicked by the time I got there.

I hope you don't mind me piggy backing this thread, but I'm trying to get a sense of who lives out in my neck of the woods in the western part of the state. Residing in Northampton MA

According to the site Congress St. is still on. Who's gonna bring it Thursday, and does everyone know about the group from the other site?

Jack's Abby Baby Maker (14% golden lager aged in used BA Framinghammer barrels) release tomorrow. $15 a pop, $25 for two. they have not yet clarified if 2 is the limit.

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jack's Abby Baby Maker (14% golden lager aged in used BA Framinghammer barrels) release tomorrow. $15 a pop, $25 for two. they have not yet clarified if 2 is the limit.

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I would love for this to last until Saturday...

6 per person

I might be as well. Wonder how much they made/bottled.

On facebook they said lots.

$15 bottles don't seem very Jack's abby-like.

Well, more like $12.50 bottles, right - and this is probably a combination of super high ABV, barrel aged, plus their experience with the Framinghammer variant release...

What size bottle? 500ml? Since they can do 12oz now, they might be able to do 750's...

On facebook they said lots.

Well, more like $12.50 bottles, right - and this is probably a combination of super high ABV, barrel aged, plus their experience with the Framinghammer variant release...
Still seems very odd and totally against what they are about. 12.50 is twice the price of BA Framinghammer which is high in abv too. Seems they've saved some minor costs by reusing barrels. If they marked up the price so less people are interested in buying it then why offer a discount that encourages people to buy an extra bottle???? That's some weird reverse psychology.

So equivalent of a $18.75 750mL (if you buy two, and let's be honest, why wouldn't you?). For a 14% barrel-aged beer, that's pretty much in line with my expectations. Maybe we've been spoiled by them in the past.

BA Framinghammer was only 10% abv, so this is 40% stronger than that. Lots of materials used to get the abv up that high.

Still seems very odd and totally against what they are about. 12.50 is twice the price of BA Framinghammer which is high in abv too. Seems they've saved some minor costs by reusing barrels. If they marked up the price so less people are interested in buying it then why offer a discount that encourages people to buy an extra bottle???? That's some weird reverse psychology.

Truth, that is weird.

So equivalent of a $18.75 750mL (if you buy two, and let's be honest, why wouldn't you?). For a 14% barrel-aged beer, that's pretty much in line with my expectations. Maybe we've been spoiled by them in the past.

BA Framinghammer was only 10% abv, so this is 40% stronger than that. Lots of materials used to get the abv up that high.

Grain is pretty cheap, isn't it?

We may see it as being spoiled but they are really calling out all the people that charge insane prices for even a 4-pack for their flagship. Pricing their beer the same as any other high priced BA beer on the shelf makes me wonder what they are thinking. I like them because they created competition for something highly competitive in pricing while still being exceptional in quality. Something this market hasn't really seen much of around here.

Truth, that is weird.

Grain is pretty cheap, isn't it?
Hops are much more expensive. Wouldn't be surprised if something like Kiwi rising had the same ingredients costs as this beer. Though I don't really know what's in baby maker. Some brewers use other cheap adjuncts like sugar to hit higher abvs too

Hops are much more expensive. Wouldn't be surprised if something like Kiwi rising had the same ingredients costs as this beer. Though I don't really know what's in baby maker. Some brewers use other cheap adjuncts like sugar to hit higher abvs too
True but the time to age the beer is a factor as well. Baby Maker does use sugar according to Their website.

Back