bootlegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rexbanner

Reaction score
Hey, I'm a proud United States citizen but I was thinking it might be nice to sell my beer without the feds sticking their greedy hands in my pockets.

My mom buys fresh unpasteurized milk from a local dairy. They get away without paying dairy taxes by selling shares in a dairy cow. If you own 1/8th, you get 1/8th of the milk the cow produces.

Could I do the same with a "brewery?" I mean, I'm just a college kid so odds are no one is ever going to find out if I provide the beer for a small party or something anyways, but I am just curious.

If you sell shares of a brewery, you're a commercial operation. The dairy farm already had an agricultural license, they just wanted to avoid paying dairy taxes. You might be thinking about the liquor taxes now, but the registration and licensing is what you'll be surprised at if you try to sell shares... Just my 2c.

Why not just friendly barter using beers? Trade beer for books, food, homework answers, favors (of all types), etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back