Bootleg Biology OSLO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not OP, but I've had my buddy's Bohemian pils made with Omega's Lutra and it's spot on. Kind of tastes like the Augustiner lager strain to me, I honestly can't tell that it's a kveik. He fermented in the 80's.

I save slurry to reuse. I notice an unusual result with Oslo, the slurry is carbonated. When I stick a spoon in the jar, it foams up. I suspect that this stuff continues to ferment slowly over time.
I'm also using year old slurry in my current batch, it smelled good so I pitched it. I have other yeasts as backup, but this is fermenting merrily.

I save slurry to reuse. I notice an unusual result with Oslo, the slurry is carbonated. When I stick a spoon in the jar, it foams up. I suspect that this stuff continues to ferment slowly over time.
I'm also using year old slurry in my current batch, it smelled good so I pitched it. I have other yeasts as backup, but this is fermenting merrily.
I had the same with Voss and lutra.

Resurrecting this old thread as I'm going to try Oslo for the first time. I want to make a semi hoppy pale ale and wondered what hops seem to play the best with this yeast. I have almost any hop suggested and but was thinking of mixing some old and new school varieties in.
Also, I found this interesting: Bootleg Biology · Oslo (OSLO) ‹ Ale Yeast | Beer-Analytics

Resurrecting this old thread as I'm going to try Oslo for the first time. I want to make a semi hoppy pale ale and wondered what hops seem to play the best with this yeast. I have almost any hop suggested and but was thinking of mixing some old and new school varieties in.
Also, I found this interesting: Bootleg Biology · Oslo (OSLO) ‹ Ale Yeast | Beer-Analytics

Whoa, that's a cool site, I've never seen it mentioned before! I'd love to see the attenuation numbers that people get with this yeast as well, just to get that average number.

For hops, I'm not sure if hops and certain yeasts particularly complement each other, it's all dependent on the style that you're making. I've made a wonderful WC IPA with Mosaic and Centennial a while back. It had nice blueberry notes, but Oslo provided a clean canvas for those, which was great.

Latest posts

Back