Boiler parts Score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a supply of these for parts.

100%20cup%20percolator%20large.jpg

And these

burco_bc10e_boiler.gif

I'm sure I can make something beer related. :)

All for nothing.......

:rockin:

HLT, Hopback, Percolating Sparge, MiniRims? There's no reference for scale - how big are these? Heat Exchanger or Chiller - just add a copper coil on the inside. Could also be a jockey box with some stainless coil. Fermenters, bottling buckets, hot toddy dispensers. Sorry, that last one isn't beer related. Worst case you can sell them all and just buy what you want that is beer related. Congrats on your score!

-OCD

It's a shame the largest is 20 Litres but it boils quick.

I've just tested three and the seem to work fine.
Retail is around £180 each.

I have access to more.

Depends if you enjoy DIY or Bling. You've got $1200USD worth of stuff so far so you could buy some seriously nice stuff. Granted you won't get full retail - but you should still do very well with your find. Keep us informed so we can help you spend your money if that's the route you take.

-OCD

We used one of those for years to make and keep hot water for baby bottles. the scale buildup and flaking is what made us eventually pitch the thing.

In ours, the heating bit at the bottom was teflon coated. The teflon flaked.

Just an FYI. Of course, our water is liquid rock and pH is steady 9.2 to 10.0 so, that may have s'thing to do with it.

I got a crappy version of that stuff form the salvage yard. I got home and plugged it in and dang if that water didn't start groaning within a few seconds! I have not cleaned it up yet, but I wonder if it could be useful for a HLT? The size seems pretty close to what I'd need for a 5 Gallon batch.

It needs some real good cleaning though!

Latest posts

Back