Boil control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelon83

Reaction score
I'm working towards a HERMS or a RIMS. Starting with the boil kettle, since I can use it now. I don't want a complicated panel just yet, just a method to control the boil. My plan is to get a spa panel and this to control the 5000w heating element. Will it work?

I'm working towards a HERMS or a RIMS. Starting with the boil kettle, since I can use it now. I don't want a complicated panel just yet, just a method to control the boil. My plan is to get a spa panel and this to control the 5000w heating element. Will it work?

sure will put it in a box of some kind and you are good to go

I have used mine for 30 or more brews now and love it

all the best

S_M

Ok so next decision... I am leaning towards a jay bird false bottom in this keggle. Does anyone have any experience with an element and FB? Do I need to get an extra short heater or??

all the best

S_M

Any chance you could post a pic of your controller? Do you use a breaker as a power switch since it is on 220? I have been looking at this kind of simple setup for winter brewing and am trying to make sure I am not off my rocker.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

all the best

S_M

Any chance you could post a pic of your controller? Do you use a breaker as a power switch since it is on 220? I have been looking at this kind of simple setup for winter brewing and am trying to make sure I am not off my rocker.

If I was going to participate in "no shave November" I'd have to start in September.

all the best

S_M

If I was going to participate in "no shave November" I'd have to start in September.

all the best

S_M

Brew_ny. Any chance you could post a pic of your controller? Do you use a breaker as a power switch since it is on 220? I have been looking at this kind of simple setup for winter brewing and am trying to make sure I am not off my rocker.

Back