blow off tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulczak

Reaction score
What if my blow off isn't perfectly clean? When I was cleaning it today i thought i got everything but there is a thin layer of grime only visible under flash light still in there. It was in star san at least a few minutes (15 or so). What do you guys recommend? Should I remove this and try brushing the last bits out or leave it as is?

Is it just a milky haze? In my experience, all of my tubing gets a haze after a while especially after high temps.

Either way though, as long as you remove the blow off tube when activity settles down, it'll only be subjected to the outflow of CO2 and there won't be a great opportunity for nasties to get to your beer. I wouldn't sweat that one.

Agree with Frodo - of course you would rather have everything ultra clean but everything is going OUT. So once the blow off is calmed down just put the air lock on it.

Back