blow off question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker111

Reaction score
Did a double batch of all grain honey crème ale on the weekend . I revise this some and add more hops as it turned out great earlier in the summer. One batch went into the sealed bucket and the other in a carboy. Well the carboy batch sure did blow off more!!!! At least it was in the closet in spare room in basement with laminate floors!

Seems lots of foam as well as hop residue blew out . Top of air lock is stilling MIA. Did I lose too much yeast or any further issues? Thinking it should be ok. Proabably got more air in the wort in carboy.It was a wyeast pack . The bucket batch was fine. The air lock has bubbles steady so hope all is well.
Thanks
Thanks

you should be fine. any co2 production would have pushed any air out that was trying to get in.

You'll be fine.
Never had a single blow off issue in my buckets. At the most I got around an inch of krausen ring. Another reason for buckets I suppose.

Back