Blichmann Horizontal Electric System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My personal comments: Shiney! Pricey!

Overall, looks like nice equipment.

Agreed. Obviously competing against the Spike Brewing of the world, but with Blichmann style. More built in features to the pricing, however. For example, table and therminator to name a few.

It a nice quality setup geared for different things that appeal to different people. customer service and quality control as well as the recognition of and designer hobby equipment For those who like to brag or show off, many people buy into having "the best" equipment for their hobbies like a big name golf club. Some just like the ease of buying a setup that proven to work and the company will stand behind it. especially nanos and micros that have other things to worry about..
If a person has the funds why not.. Is it the best value from a practical point of view? Few things are including home brewing in many cases but it depends on a persons situation.
just my two cents there..

But it should be mentioned the therminator is actually one of the poorest choices for a homebrewing plate chiller and consumers should demand better for the premium..
Its short design makes it less efficient that longer plate chillers with half as many plates to plug and its unique twisted pathway makes it more likely to plug up... Its price is enough to just about buy 3 identically effective plate chillers form just about any plate chiller company including whichever one likely makes them for blichmann.

Any updates @Mak_the_brewer. Or anyone else really. Thoughts on the system? I'm considering the 10G Blichmann HERMS system.
I have a 20 gallon vessel system that is currently under construction. I have one Brew commander already. My conundrum is that I would need to have a 50 amp circuit run the 2 commanders. My system will be pretty close to the pilot system once I get it completed. (2 riptides 3 G20's) I am thinking of seeing if I can get a "relay" box that is an add on for the commander, same shape etc. and install a 3 pole switch and a set of contactors to turn the elements of and on based on what I am doing. Mashing or boiling.. Not sure I have a good solution yet. I don't need to do B2B batches so I don't really need the 50 amp circuit.. I do have the wire in the wall that will handle it but just bought the 30amp GFCI and don't feel like buying a 50 amp that soon.

20191026_050136.jpg

Back