Blichmann BrewEasy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have 2 open spots in your breaker panel it should be no problem. I'm sure Blichmann has recommendations for breaker size (probably 30A). An electrician should be able to run a line for about $100-$150 no problem.

Anyone try one of these babies yet?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Any orders on release day were looking at 3-week delivery times due to the units drop-shipping from Blichmann's plant in Indiana. It will probably be a couple of weeks till we see any feedback on HBT.

How you can launch a $2k product like this without any YouTube videos or teasers is beyond me.

Any orders on release day were looking at 3-week delivery times due to the units drop-shipping from Blichmann's plant in Indiana. It will probably be a couple of weeks till we see any feedback on HBT.

How you can launch a $2k product like this without any YouTube videos or teasers is beyond me.

+1

That is pretty much all I am waiting for....... I really think this looks like something I would be interested in. However, I want to see the brewing process, cleaning process, etc.

I don't get it either. I can only assume dozens of batches have been brewed with this - why not video one and show it off? Show how easy it is to use, how easy it is to clean....... unless it is not.

I have a Morebeer 3 tier gravity system I have been using for 15 years that still works great. No hurry to buy this thing blind. Hopefully something will come out. Or, hopefully some folks who buy one will post their own videos and thoughts.

So essentially this is no sparge brewing. We can do that now with a igloo MLT, a brew kettle and a pump. Who has done this already? How do we need to adjust our recipes? Better grind, reduce efficiency a bit, etc... This is not new territory, only the Cadillac ride into the new hood. Do we have the pioneer DIY folks who have already blazed this trail to give some advice?

Thinking it might be easy enough to diy one of these. I have 2 keggles, one with a false bottom other is my electric boil keggle. I have a pump to recirculate. All I would need is the Blichman auto sparse for 60$. Hmm very intriguing

That is what I'm thinking. It will all be in the tweeting of the recipe. I'll try it next week with a wheat beer and let you know how it goes...

I did that. 10 gallon kettle over propane burner, dorm fridge metal rack on top holding a 7.5 gal mash tun with a bazooka screen that gravity feeds to the kettle. March pump off the kettle with a temp probe in a tee fitting. Thermo in the mash tun. It works well. Got 70% on my first try -no sparge of 10.5 gallons and around 14 lb of grain. I'm sure I can do better. Looking forward to more brews on this. The wort was so much clearer than the equivalent biab process I had used in the same kettle. Quite a striking difference!

It's a great concept and I'm sure the blichmann parts are quality parts that truly enhance the utility of the system. Wish I could drop the dough on one.

I did something similar inspired by the BrewEasy. In this photo I had some grain in the bag but have now upsized the mash tun so I can fit it all without the bag. You could easily DIY the controller but I went with the Blichmann TOP. I'll post a pic of my updated setup when I brew this weekend. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399598669.589329.jpg

Not sure if you got a response to this, but I just had an electrician come to my house and install a 240V outlet in my garage- it cost me $160.

Awesome! Thank you.

I see you are in Atlanta. I had an electrician install a spa panel on my deck 5 years ago and I believe he charged me over $200 and I paid for the panel and the wire.

I gave away the hot tub two weeks ago and I was looking at that panel this afternoon. I may have it moved to my garage and go electric.

Here's a video of the system: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IhekEM71C8[/ame]

I did something similar inspired by the BrewEasy. In this photo I had some grain in the bag but have now upsized the mash tun so I can fit it all without the bag. You could easily DIY the controller but I went with the Blichmann TOP. I'll post a pic of my updated setup when I brew this weekend.View attachment 198254

Hi I was wondering if you have used your setup anymore? Could you possible share some details

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ok so what kind of changes do I need to make to the efficiency calculations? Do I just treat it as a BIAB and let beersmitth take it from there?

still holding my breath on the electric version anyone heard a peep? they shut down the other thread which was pretty active.

vaporware !

don't expect anything before Christmas this year

Too many promises made, not enough toys to go around

That's too bad. I was hoping the electric version would have been released this summer. The money I had saved has now been spent elsewhere. :(

I know of at least one person with the electric system. I havent seen it run, but I have seen it in person after he brewed on it. So, something is definitely available. Maybe he knows someone, maybe he got lucky? No idea, but it is available.

Only person I know who has it is the beer geek nation guy (electric version anyway).

This is from Blichmann directly this morning:

Thanks for the email. We are waiting on the controllers to offer the electric BrewEasy system. We hope to have the controllers in the next few weeks and offer them for sale as soon as we get them into the shop. If you have further questions please let me know. Have a great day.

I picked up the 10 gal/ 220v BoilCoil and will be putting in the outlet this weekend. Love to have the controller from blingmann, but it looks like it may be faster to just build a "Toolbox" PID etc.

Just sold my motorcycle (responsibility decision) and got the OK to spend it on the Breweasy! Ordered it through Great fermentations in Indiana. Drop shipping means that it could be another two weeks before I get it in my paws, but whenever it makes it's way to my doorstep, I'll post my specs and review here

Just got an email from great fermentations. They are having a live demo with the guys from blichman in a couple of weeks. I will deff be attending

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just sold my motorcycle (responsibility decision) and got the OK to spend it on the Breweasy! Ordered it through Great fermentations in Indiana. Drop shipping means that it could be another two weeks before I get it in my paws, but whenever it makes it's way to my doorstep, I'll post my specs and review here

You ordered the electric version, or the propane? I've been waiting on the electric since it was announced.

Propane. I need a mobile unit that can be used in multiple locations

Received my Breweasy yesterday - will be putting it together ASAP with pictures once it's all set up

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411420532.563462.jpgsetup! All systems go. Just confirmed proper setup and tightening of all components with a DI water run. No leaks. Going to run a boil off trial soon. More to come about observations with timing of mash temp stabilization and time to boil with a standard strength batch in two weeks

---

Primary: Nelson RyePA

Secondary: Biere De Mars clone, Steamfitter Imperial Stout

Kegged: H3 - Heidi's Hoppy Hefeweizen, Bourbon Scotch Ale x 2

RIP: Golden Snow Lager

On Deck: Newcastle clone, porter

Anyone else order their electric version yet?

Yes. Ordered last Friday from Great Fermentations. I expect it may take 3 weeks to arrive directly from Blichmann. Been waiting a long time for this to become available, so another few weeks is tolerable.

Guess I better start wiring or call an electrician. Probably the latter given my schedule lately. Looking forward to a test drive!

NH winters are long and cold, and I am so over sticking my propane tank in a hot water bath on my deck.

Wondering about the need for a hood. Air is wicked dry in the winter, so maybe it will just provide some nicely scented humidity in my kitchen. :) Worst case, I can open a window. Can't see adding a hood the more I think about it.

I will put my 10g Boilermaker, burner and other stuff up for sale soon since I went with the turnkey electric BrewEasy.

What to brew first? Maybe a winter warmer...

The wiring is very minimal. Their included documentation made it very easy for me (a non electrician) to wire the pump to the controller with step by step directions.

Yes. Ordered last Friday from Great Fermentations. I expect it may take 3 weeks to arrive directly from Blichmann. Been waiting a long time for this to become available, so another few weeks is tolerable.

Guess I better start wiring or call an electrician. Probably the latter given my schedule lately. Looking forward to a test drive!

NH winters are long and cold, and I am so over sticking my propane tank in a hot water bath on my deck.

Wondering about the need for a hood. Air is wicked dry in the winter, so maybe it will just provide some nicely scented humidity in my kitchen. :) Worst case, I can open a window. Can't see adding a hood the more I think about it.

I will put my 10g Boilermaker, burner and other stuff up for sale soon since I went with the turnkey electric BrewEasy.

What to brew first? Maybe a winter warmer...
'

Ordered mine friday as well. I also purchased an adapter for my 10-30 outlet and a 50' L6-30 extension cord. Pretty excited to fire it up.

Can anyone post pics of their brew easy hooked up to a plate chiller? The outlet hose from the pump is pretty long, interested to see how thats going to work with a therminator mounted on the LTE stand

I got to see both the gas and electric running at great fermentations over the weekend. The guys from Blichman were there showing demos. Very cool products. Like falling off a log to operate and once your up to temp and mashed in you literally walk away. At least for an hour😀. Electric and gas both held mash temps within a degree the whole time. They did mention if doing the electric 5g version to go up to 220v if possible as the 110v is really slow to get to a boil. The guy showing it uses it exclusively at his house now. He ditched his 3 kettle set up. He also said that he does not use the little plastic inserts to limit the flow rate from the mash to draining to the boil kettle. He has an o ring instead of the flow ristricter. He has it wide open and just throttles flow with his pump.

I got to see both the gas and electric running at great fermentations over the weekend. The guys from Blichman were there showing demos. Very cool products. Like falling off a log to operate and once your up to temp and mashed in you literally walk away. At least for an hour😀. Electric and gas both held mash temps within a degree the whole time. They did mention if doing the electric 5g version to go up to 220v if possible as the 110v is really slow to get to a boil. The guy showing it uses it exclusively at his house now. He ditched his 3 kettle set up. He also said that he does not use the little plastic inserts to limit the flow rate from the mash to draining to the boil kettle. He has an o ring instead of the flow ristricter. He has it wide open and just throttles flow with his pump.

Any idea on changing efficiency for converting recipes?

Back