blichmann beer gun-thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkstar79

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting one. Right now I have a regular with a wye adaptor and a shutoff vave because the one regulator is going to 2 kegs. At the end of the gas line it is attached to the ball lock with a mfl end. to use the gun, I am right in thinking that since it needs to be hooked up to the co2 that I can just unscreew the gas line at the mfl connect and screw it into the beer gun?

I was looking at the BMBF and that was my other choice to go with. I think Ill try it out because theres not much money to lose if I cant get it to work right.

I love my Beergun. I highly suggest it. Easy to clean, easy to use, and fast as all get out. I can bottle a case just as fast with my beer gun and a partner as I used to bottle with priming sugar. I bottle a case out of every batch this way.

My personnal opinion is you lose too much carbonation using a beer gun. But then again I like lots of carbonation. I bought one before Muncher posted but if I take beer to a party, camping, a wedding or whatever now I'd rather just take the keg and my 2.5 lb CO2 bottle. It's just as easy if not more so. On a rare occasion where only one other person might be drinking my brew I might break the beer gun out. But I'd probably just grab a bottled commercial brew instead. Cleaning, sanitizing the bottles and gun then cleaning gun up afterward just ain't worth the hassle. IMHO

If I knew then what I know now I would not have bought it. But like the vast majority of homebrewers I just love gadgets. And thought I had to have it.

Back