Blichmann and dry hipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Have a dilemma. I have 10 Gallon batch of American amber in a Blichmann 14.5 gal fermenter. A week and a half ago I added 2oz of free range cascade hole hopes to the top of the brew. I plan on racking 5 gal to a keg and the other half to a bottling bucket for bottling. I will use 3 psi co2 to push the brew out of the fermenter to the respective vessel. Without giving any thought to the hops in the fermenter, I am worried that the hops will clog the racking arm in the fermenter. What should I do to prevent this from happening? Should i forego the built in racking arm in the fermenter and use the clumsy racking cane with a hop sock attached to the inlet? What does everyone recommend I do to avoid the racking cane in this situation, and what should I do when I dry hop next time in this fermenter? Sorry for the spelling error. My iPad won't let me edit the title:(

Back