New England IPA Blasphemy - No Boil NEIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 grams of Columbus in 32 ounces of RO water boiled for 30 minutes. Then I strain the hops out via hop spider and/or funnel filter and add it to the fermenter.
I’m struggling to understand how this would add noticeable bitterness to the beer personally. It would be the equivalent of adding 2 grams of hops to 2 gallons when you factor in it being added back to the finished beer. I figure you’d be far better off adding a 1/2 oz of hops when you bring the full volume to a boils and letting it rest for 10 minutes before cooling to your whirlpool temps. Ibu are volume dependent as well

Last edited:
8 grams of Columbus in 32 ounces of RO water boiled for 30 minutes. Then I strain the hops out via hop spider and/or funnel filter and add it to the fermenter.

When doing the no heat Hefe's, that's exactly what I do. Except for maybe 5min instead of 30. All DME, add chemicals, RO water, hop water, and yeast. Easy Peasy.

I’m struggling to understand how this would add noticeable bitterness to the beer personally. It would be the equivalent of adding 2 grams of hops to 2 gallons when you factor in it being added back to the finished beer. I figure you’d be far better off adding a 1/2 oz of hops when you bring the full volume to a boils and letting it rest for 10 minutes before cooling to your whirlpool temps. Ibu are volume dependent as well

I don't have any science to say it works as intended, but after having brewed three of these no boil extracts I wanted to do something to try and add more bitterness. They've been good, even great, but I just needed to get the sweetness down some. So, I did a bit of googling and landed upon trying 8 g Columbus for 30 minutes in 32 oz of water and then tried it on the fourth no boil batch and it seemed to work. It seemingly has more bitterness than the others. The beer turned out great and I'm still drinking it straight from the fermenter keg right now. So this upcoming NZ hops batch will be the second batch using the prescribed method.
I totally agree that adding some bittering hops to the water as it's brought to boil and then resting for 10 minutes or so would be worth a try as well. That would save a separate process, also. I might try that on the next one to get an idea of how the two methods compare. Glad you mentioned it!

I believe there is a difference between water and wort in hop utilization, you get more of the AA's out if you boil them in straight water. Is this correct?

I don't have any science to say it works as intended, but after having brewed three of these no boil extracts I wanted to do something to try and add more bitterness. They've been good, even great, but I just needed to get the sweetness down some. So, I did a bit of googling and landed upon trying 8 g Columbus for 30 minutes in 32 oz of water and then tried it on the fourth no boil batch and it seemed to work. It seemingly has more bitterness than the others. The beer turned out great and I'm still drinking it straight from the fermenter keg right now. So this upcoming NZ hops batch will be the second batch using the prescribed method.
I totally agree that adding some bittering hops to the water as it's brought to boil and then resting for 10 minutes or so would be worth a try as well. That would save a separate process, also. I might try that on the next one to get an idea of how the two methods compare. Glad you mentioned it!
The dilution math was off on my end when I said 2 gr in 2 gallons. It’s still going to be 8 grams but what is extracted in 32 oz will then be diluted by the 256 oz of wort you are additing so it’s almost .5 addition at 30 minutes in a 5 gallon batch. Now realizing this I am sure it will add some bitterness. The extent to which, I am unsure.

when I brew this recipe, I’ve had good luck bringing my wort up to 190*f and adding 2 oz of Columbus(6 gallon volume) and holding it for 30 to pasteurize and pick up ibus. Then cooling to 160*f to steep specialty grains for 30 mins and will whirlpool my remaining hotside additions. This seems to pick up the necessary ibus for my pallet.

if your way is working, keep doing it. The industry use to knock alchemist for heady topper for being to hazy and tell Kimmich he was doing it wrong. Now look what style of beer has been the most popular in the world for the last 4/5 years

The dilution math was off on my end when I said 2 gr in 2 gallons. It’s still going to be 8 grams but what is extracted in 32 oz will then be diluted by the 256 oz of wort you are additing so it’s almost .5 addition at 30 minutes in a 5 gallon batch. Now realizing this I am sure it will add some bitterness. The extent to which, I am unsure.

when I brew this recipe, I’ve had good luck bringing my wort up to 190*f and adding 2 oz of Columbus(6 gallon volume) and holding it for 30 to pasteurize and pick up ibus. Then cooling to 160*f to steep specialty grains for 30 mins and will whirlpool my remaining hotside additions. This seems to pick up the necessary ibus for my pallet.

if your way is working, keep doing it. The industry use to knock alchemist for heady topper for being to hazy and tell Kimmich he was doing it wrong. Now look what style of beer has been the most popular in the world for the last 4/5 years

And actually for the first batch I went with 10 grams of Columbus in 32 oz of water for 30 minutes. It looked to have boiled down to maybe 20 ounces or less. The whole house smelled like weed!! I had to open windows and put up box fans, etc. Everybody bitched and bitched about it. I boiled on for a solid 30 minutes, though! Wasn't going to stop after starting!

And to be clear this has only worked once, lol. We'll see how it goes for try #2.

I love me some Heady Topper, and Focal Banger, and ......... :)

And actually for the first batch I went with 10 grams of Columbus in 32 oz of water for 30 minutes. It looked to have boiled down to maybe 20 ounces or less. The whole house smelled like weed!! I had to open windows and put up box fans, etc. Everybody bitched and bitched about it. I boiled on for a solid 30 minutes, though! Wasn't going to stop after starting!

And to be clear this has only worked once, lol. We'll see how it goes for try #2.
Thanks for the process description.

FWIW, There's a similar process description for making hop tea in Brewing Engineering (and the book includes some IBU estimates as well).

I guess I should measure stuff before brewday. My 2# 4 oz bag of Pils was only 1# 4 oz, so this batch ended up being 2# Bavarian Wheat DME and 1# 4oz Pilsen Light DME. I've been meaning to mix/match Wheat DME and Pils DME percentages for this recipe to check out the difference, so this batch will embark on those trials. Looking at inventory, the next batch can be 1# Wheat DME and 2# Pils DME.

I just got through adding the Dry Hops a few minutes ago. Waimea smells rather potent and rather good. Rakau not so potent. Wondering how Waimea might pair with some Galaxy? You guys have any info on Galaxy/Waimea combo? I've got some Strata in the freezer as well.

I also have 3# of Golden Light DME, but I'm not sure if it will play will with NE IPA type recipes??? Thoughts on using Golden Light DME for these?

OG - 1.071

Malts
2# Bavarian Wheat DME
1# 4 oz Pilsen Light DME

Hops

Boil Hops:
8 grams CTZ in 32 oz RO boiled for ~20 minutes. Boiled in the basement and not the kitchen and had a lot more boil off due to a larger pot.

Whirlpool Hops (about an hour):
1 oz Kohatu 5.9% AA
1 oz Motueka 6.2% AA

Dry Hops (Day 3):
1 oz Rakau 10.1% AA
1 oz Waimea 16% AA

—Yeast
Lallemand Verdant IPA Yeast (5.4 g)

—Other
.75 g CaCl
3 drops of Fermcap-S

Made this a few weeks ago. 2.5 gallon batch, mostly wheat DME 3lbs , but added 1 lbs of 2-row and 0.5 lbs of flaked oats.
BIAB , Steeped the oats and 2-row for 60minutes are 152 F. Removed grain, Brought to boil, added 3 lbs of the DME.
Added 4 oz of dextrose

OG 1062

Added 0.25 oz of Amarillo at 30 minutes for some bittering.
Chilled to 70 F
Pitched London Ale III

1 oz of citra and 0.75 oz amarillo at high Krausen (72 hours after yeast pitch) .

let ferment for another week ,

added 1 oz of citra and 1 oz of Amarillo 24 hours before cold crashing .

bottled - 12 days after pitching yeast
FG 1016
ABV 6 %

Bit of disaster on bottling day with hops clogging the siphon. So definitely some oxygen exposure but really happy with the beer. Great aroma , not bitter at all, nice and fruity

Attachments

• 35FDC983-FBF0-4FE9-8BEA-B9BF414268CC.jpeg
    35FDC983-FBF0-4FE9-8BEA-B9BF414268CC.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 67
I did a version of this yesterday with some leftovers I had on hand. I did a short boil and some flame out and whirlpool hops.

4lbs Golden Light DME
2lbs Bavarian DME
2lbs Demerara Sugar

2oz Bru-1 @ Flameout

.5oz Mosaic @ Whirlpool 175 for 20 minutes
.5oz Azacca @ Whirlpool 175 for 20 minutes
.5oz Citra @ Whirlpool 175 for 20 minutes

Pitched Imperial POG Kveik at 95, and I'll be holding it there for 4-5 days before letting it drop to ambient and dry hopping.

Planning on a 3/2/1 Citra, Mosaic, Azacca DH. Excited to see how this turns out. Next time I'll probably omit the boil and WP additions just to see what a 100% dry hopped NEIPA tastes like.

I wanted to post this recipe because it is so simple to make, is quick from grain to glass, and is absolutely delicious when it's done. There are plenty of threads regarding the risks and benefits of not boiling the wort, so there won't be an intent to cover that in this recipe.

6 Lbs. Wheat DME
2 Lbs. Turbinado Sugar (Primary)
3 Tsp. Calcium Chloride (CaCl2)
(Pre-Mix In Fermenter)

Pre-Treat 5 Gallons of water with:
1/4 Camden Tablet

Safale S-04 English Ale Yeast

There is no boil and zero hopping before fermentation for this beer. This results in 0 IBU. I find that the dry hop contributes enough perceived bitterness for the style.

3 Oz. Citra (Dry Hop ~7 Days)
3 Oz. Mosaic (Dry Hop ~7 Days)
Any fruit forward combination would be good however. Belma / El Dorado is one I'd like to try.

I add the dry hop addition at about 30 hours after pitching the yeast. At this time, with proper yeast management, fermentation has begun to taper off and I lock the lid down on my bucket to minimize oxygen exposure to the beer. After about a week, transfer immediately to the serving keg and as with any NEIPA, be sure to purge the keg with CO2. All told, the hands on time to make this was about 10 minutes.

OG: 1.072
FG: 1.011
ABV: 8.1%
IBU: 0
SRM: 3.86

The beer turns out smooth, juicy, and really reminiscent of tangerine. In other words, awesome.

Cheers!
Happy 2 year anniversary! :mug:

Last edited:
As someone who doesn't keg, I bought a 6.5 gallon plastic bucket (with a spigot at the bottom) to help bottling when it comes to oxygen. I sanitized everything incredibly well and mixed everything in the plastic bucket along with some water at 155 degrees. It took a solid 4 or 5 hours for the wort to get to a manageable temperature for the yeast, and I pitched two packets just to be safe. Fast forward to 62 hours from pitching the yeast, there still is no krausen or airlock activity. Any advice from here? I'm trying to time out when I should be adding the hops and want to make sure things are on track. I feel as if I added plenty of yeast so confused what else could be the issue.

OG - 1.071

Malts
2# Bavarian Wheat DME
1# 4 oz Pilsen Light DME

Hops

Boil Hops:
8 grams CTZ in 32 oz RO boiled for ~20 minutes. Boiled in the basement and not the kitchen and had a lot more boil off due to a larger pot.

Whirlpool Hops (about an hour):
1 oz Kohatu 5.9% AA
1 oz Motueka 6.2% AA

Dry Hops (Day 3):
1 oz Rakau 10.1% AA
1 oz Waimea 16% AA

—Yeast
Lallemand Verdant IPA Yeast (5.4 g)

—Other
.75 g CaCl
3 drops of Fermcap-S

How'd this come out? Anything you'd change?

This one goes across several threads but posting here.
All grain, mash 1hr 154
7.5# 2-row
13oz C10
4oz honey malt
Heat to 170 only, whirlpool 20m with
Citra 1.67oz
Mosaic 1.1 oz
Galaxy 0.55 oz
Amarillo 2.33 oz
Ferment in keg under about 10psi with 5.5gm Lallemand Voss Kviek

Very orange. Too much so. Barely any piney/resinous/dank. Prolly remove all Amarillo next time. But not bad. And drinking on day 6.

PSA: do *NOT* try fermenting 5 gal batch in 5 gal corney under 10 psi. Bad idea. Crossing the streams. Still cleaning the basement floor. And walls. And ceiling. And me.
1617813785667.png

Grain to glass in 7 days without using kveik seems wrong. Was able to get it to FG in 5 days and kegged it Friday night after round 2 of dry hopping.

2.75 Gallons
8.3%
1.082 OG
1.020 FG

4 lbs wheat dry extract
.75 lbs turbinado
.5 lb lactose

OYL-052

1 oz cryo citra - day 2
1 oz cryo simcoe - day 2
1.5 oz citra - day 5
1 oz simcoe - day 5

Tastes great already, little to no hop burn out of the gate. Very happy with this combo, would do the same hop pairing again.

174170625_597515311182347_4391611996462442950_n.jpg

I'm thinking about giving this a go but have very limited experience with extract brewing.
I have 6 pounds of Wheat LME and 2 pounds of Amber DME.
The plan would be to produce as much beer as possible.
So I will be aiming for about 9 gallons at around 1.050 if I add 1/4 sugar like in the original post.
Would that be a bad idea to add so much sugar at a lower gravity?

Just made this. Still carbing, but couldn't help myself tonight.

Best one yet.

The only changes I made were:

-Used the new verdant ipa yeast instead

-Used simcoe plus citra hops. Same total volume, 1:1 ratio
20210827_214328.jpg

Yes.
Wheat DME/LME is typically a blend of wheat malt and 'brewers malt' . The ratio can vary some between brands (65/35 vs 50/50) - but either way, it will make a good beer.
Thanks for answer. I know the basic differences between them, but wasnt sure if LME suits no-boil method in terms of oxydation / infections.

Thanks for answer. I know the basic differences between them, but wasnt sure if LME suits no-boil method in terms of oxydation / infections.
There are a couple of variations on "no boil". One includes heating the wort long enough to ensure pasteurization. When I "no boil" with DME, I pasteurize the wort. I would do the same with LME.

Sorry if that was asked before, but i couldnt find the right answer. DME Wheat extract is unavailable in my region, is it fine to use Wheat LME(liquid extract)? I would like to use @deadwolfbones recipe (Lazy Haze - No-Boil NEIPA Recipe - Yeast Driven).
https://www.brewingwithbriess.com/products/extracts/Briess Wheat DME or LME contains 65% Malted Wheat and 35% Malted barley.
So either version would give similar results.

LME is much more susceptible to deterioration due to age and (warm) storage, so make sure it's fresh.

Yes, but be aware it's not a straight swap as dme gives 1.045 per pound/gallon while lme gives 1.037. And lme tends to give a slightly darker color.
That! ^

How long can i keep hops in fermenter? I've boiled (or actually no-boiled) this NEIPA on last tuesday (6 days ago) and added hops (120g of Citra, Mosaic and CTZ) on thursday (48 hours after pitching the yeast). S-04 yeast, 15,5 BLG on the beginning, currently 3,5 BLG. I guess BLG wont change significantly in next few days, so my plan is to put fermenter into the higher temperature on wednesday morning and bottle beer on thursday evening. What do you think? If i keep the hops for a longer time , would it cause some unpleasant flavors and aromas in the beer?

This thread is unbelievable, going on 3+ years strong! Thanks to everyone who added their own experiences, it’s really helpful to us newbies. Can’t wait to give this recipe a try. Also want to take this opportunity to try fermenting in a corny keg so I’d like to scale this down to a 2.5 gal batch. Is it as simple as cutting all ingredients in half?

Also, found it interesting that the thread is pretty split on whether or not it’s beneficial to 1) heat the water first, 2) whirlpool a portion of the hops, and 3) steep in flaked oats, etc. for added mouthfeel. Would love to hear from folks who have brewed this recently, on if you’d recommend starting with the OP recipe first or modifying. Thanks 🍻

There doesn’t seem to be a consensus about the best practices to do a beer like this…. But I want to go for it! Here is my plan, critiques and advice encouraged, but this seems to incorporate what I think are all the best ideas (and of course still stupid easy to do)

Goal 4 gallon batch (fermented in and served from corney with floating and filtered dip tube)

3gallons of RO + 6grams CaCl, heat to 180F. As it’s heating up steep a 1 lb if flaked oats (add at 140 so it’s in for the temp rise). Dissolve 3 lbs of wheat DME and 3 lbs of Pilsner DME aim for 1.065 OG.

Add 4 oz of citra and 3ml of a hop shot (~10 ibus) 20 minute steep at 180. Add 1.5 lbs of ice (from RO) to chill to hopefully to 130 or so. Transfer warm to the fermenter/keg. Let chill overnight to 65.

Pitch 1 pack of dry verdant IPA yeast.
On day 4-5 (as fermentation starts to slow) dry hop with 6 oz of citra. Let ferment finishes out till day 10-14. Stick in in the kegerator to chill and carb for a week.

I mean it all sounds like a great idea to me! Anything else I could do to improve the beer? I might blend the citra with something, but same amounts

There doesn’t seem to be a consensus about the best practices to do a beer like this…. But I want to go for it! Here is my plan, critiques and advice encouraged, but this seems to incorporate what I think are all the best ideas (and of course still stupid easy to do)

Goal 4 gallon batch (fermented in and served from corney with floating and filtered dip tube)

3gallons of RO + 6grams CaCl, heat to 180F. As it’s heating up steep a 1 lb if flaked oats (add at 140 so it’s in for the temp rise). Dissolve 3 lbs of wheat DME and 3 lbs of Pilsner DME aim for 1.065 OG.

Add 4 oz of citra and 3ml of a hop shot (~10 ibus) 20 minute steep at 180. Add 1.5 lbs of ice (from RO) to chill to hopefully to 130 or so. Transfer warm to the fermenter/keg. Let chill overnight to 65.

Pitch 1 pack of dry verdant IPA yeast.
On day 4-5 (as fermentation starts to slow) dry hop with 6 oz of citra. Let ferment finishes out till day 10-14. Stick in in the kegerator to chill and carb for a week.

I mean it all sounds like a great idea to me! Anything else I could do to improve the beer? I might blend the citra with something, but same amounts
Sounds like a good plan to me. Let us know how it turns out 🍻

I may try to give this a go sometime this weekend with my BIAB setup since I have plenty of ingredients but to DME or LME. I’ll probably do a smaller batch and use my sous vide to hold the mash temps too.

Reading through this thread it seems like most use extract or steep some grains to complement the extract. Has anyone tried it as a full mash and not reported back? Or did I simply miss that post (which is very likely). Cheers!

I may try to give this a go sometime this weekend with my BIAB setup since I have plenty of ingredients but to DME or LME. I’ll probably do a smaller batch and use my sous vide to hold the mash temps too.

Reading through this thread it seems like most use extract or steep some grains to complement the extract. Has anyone tried it as a full mash and not reported back? Or did I simply miss that post (which is very likely). Cheers!

I could be mistaken but I think the extract is what facilitates this being a "no boil" homebrew recipe, since the extract has already been boiled once (and, thus, you have little to no risk of retaining DMS).

Due to recent time constraints I haven't been able to get in a regular All Grain brew day so I went back to my 2020 Extract/No Boil recipes. They may all be in this thread. Anyway, I threw in No Chill on this one to save even more time and effort. I normally hook up my copper wort chiller to a pond pump in a plastic bin full of water and frozen water bottles to chill the wort. The process works great for cooling, but I was looking to consume less time and effort for this batch.

I used my Brew Bag as a hop filter which worked well. During the hop stand I stirred up the hops several times.

The wort came out a beautifully hazy yellow-orangish color like one would want with a NE IPA and it smells wonderfully hoppy.

I brewed this batch starting in the morning and was able to pitch yeast before bedtime.

Overall brew day was fairly easy and hopefully worth the lessened effort. I enjoyed working on the recipe, the process, and also had fun on brew day.

Process:
Heated 2.75 gallons distilled water to boiling and added CaCl and DAP.
Added Brew Bag to boiling water to hopefully sanitize it and then removed it before adding DME.
Stirred in DME and Turbinado. (wort was ~170F after stirred)
Heated wort to 190F. (190F in hopes to extract some bitterness during hop stand)
Added Brew Bag and then the hops. (wort was 186F to start hop stand)
Hop stand for ~1.75 hours with occasional stirring.
Hung the Brew Bag (full of hops) and let it drip out.
Poured wort in corny keg fermenter. (~110F)
Sprinkled S-04 on wort about 10 hours later.
Bubbling good the next morning.

2.5 Gallon Batch
OG - 1.075 @ 61F

--Malts
3# Bavarian Wheat DME
1# Pils DME
4 oz Turbinado sugar

--Hops

Hop stand (1.75 hours) starting at 186F and ending at 126F
4 oz 2019 YVH Ella
2 oz 2021 YVH Citra

--Dry Hop

Dry Hop 1
2 oz Citra when fermentation starts to die down (probably day 3 or 4).

Dry Hop 2
4 oz 2019 YVH Ella a few days before kegging.

--Yeast
S-04

--Other
2 g CaCl
DAP yeast nutrient

I wrote this process up so that other people can possibly learn from it. I had fun with it along the way.

I'll follow up in a few weeks with how it turns out. I've been carbonating kegs naturally with corn sugar lately so it will take a couple of extra weeks to be ready if I go that route.

Heated wort to 190F. (190F in hopes to extract some bitterness during hop stand)
[...]
You will get bitterness from that hop stand. IIRC, the "advanced" portions of BeerSmith 3 and Brewer Friend (web site) will estimate IBUs for hop stands.

I have a small batch, hop forward, recipe that's roughly: add water and DME to kettle, flame-on, heat to 180F, add hops, hold for 30 minutes, chill.

Due to recent time constraints I haven't been able to get in a regular All Grain brew day so I went back to my 2020 Extract/No Boil recipes. They may all be in this thread. Anyway, I threw in No Chill on this one to save even more time and effort. I normally hook up my copper wort chiller to a pond pump in a plastic bin full of water and frozen water bottles to chill the wort. The process works great for cooling, but I was looking to consume less time and effort for this batch.

I used my Brew Bag as a hop filter which worked well. During the hop stand I stirred up the hops several times.

The wort came out a beautifully hazy yellow-orangish color like one would want with a NE IPA and it smells wonderfully hoppy.

I brewed this batch starting in the morning and was able to pitch yeast before bedtime.

Overall brew day was fairly easy and hopefully worth the lessened effort. I enjoyed working on the recipe, the process, and also had fun on brew day.

Process:
Heated 2.75 gallons distilled water to boiling and added CaCl and DAP.
Added Brew Bag to boiling water to hopefully sanitize it and then removed it before adding DME.
Added Brew Bag and then the hops. (wort was 186F to start hop stand)
Hop stand for ~1.75 hours with occasional stirring.
Hung the Brew Bag (full of hops) and let it drip out.
Poured wort in corny keg fermenter. (~110F)
Sprinkled S-04 on wort about 10 hours later.
Bubbling good the next morning.

2.5 Gallon Batch
OG - 1.075 @ 61F

--Malts
3# Bavarian Wheat DME
1# Pils DME
4 oz Turbinado sugar

--Hops

4 oz 2019 YVH Ella
2 oz 2021 YVH Citra

--Dry Hop

Dry Hop 1
2 oz Citra when fermentation starts to die down (probably day 3 or 4).

Dry Hop 2
4 oz 2019 YVH Ella a few days before kegging.

--Yeast
S-04

--Other
2 g CaCl
DAP yeast nutrient

I wrote this process up so that other people can possibly learn from it. I had fun with it along the way.

I'll follow up in a few weeks with how it turns out. I've been carbonating kegs naturally with corn sugar lately so it will take a couple of extra weeks to be ready if I go that route.

UPDATE:

Day 3:
Fermentation looked to by dying down. Bubbling rate was down and temp was down so I went ahead and added two ounces of Citra for Dry Hop 1 at approximately 72 hours after pitching yeast.

Day 8:
Dry Hop 2. I added 4 oz of Ella and purged the fermenter keg a few times with CO2. I gradually raised temp from 64 to 67 by day 8.

Day 13:
Started cold crash.

Day 15:
Kegged it. 1.014 FG so 8.1% ABV. Smells great, looks great (hazy, light orangish-yellow), tastes great like hop juice with plenty of bitterness and maybe a little bit of hop burn. I have it on 20 PSI right now and will drop it to 10 PSI tomorrow. Unless my new keg of CO2 is filled with oxygen, I don't know why this one won't be great in a week or two. I'll probably start sampling tomorrow night. ;-)

I decided against keg conditioning due to the possibility of hop creep. I think I've run into that after reviewing old notes. I gave this batch four days after Dry Hop 2 to ferment out any added sugars from the dry hop charge. I've tried dry hopping cool on several batches, but never got any good results like I've had dry hopping warm.

My next batch will be another no boil NE IPA using the same recipe and either Citra, Mosaic, Columbus or Citra and Sabro. I'll probably go with 12 oz of hops again.

I have another one fermenting.

2.5 Gallon Batch
OG - 1.068 @ 61F

--Water
2.875 gallons of distilled water (a little bit more than the last batch)

--Malts
3# Bavarian Wheat DME
1# Pils DME
4 oz Turbinado sugar

--Hops

Hop Stand starting at 180F, ending at 124F for 1 hour 40 minutes.
3 oz Citra
2 oz Mosaic
1 oz Columbus

Dry Hop 1 on Day 3:
1 oz Mosaic
14 g Columbus

Dry Hop 2 on Day 8 or so:
3 oz Citra
1 oz Mosaic
1 oz Columbus

--Yeast
S-04 starting @ 64F and ramping to 67F over a few days.

--Other
2 g CaCl
DAP yeast nutrient

Quite similar to the Citra/Ella batch. I used a little bit more water because Citra/Ella was 8.1% ABV. I've had very good luck in previous batches with Citra, Mosaic and Columbus NE IPAs so I wanted to apply that hop bill to this Extract/No Boil/No Chill deal.

My NEXT Extract/No Boil/No Chill batch may be the following:

--Malts
3# Bavarian Wheat DME
1# Pils DME or Golden Light DME

--Hops
Hop Stand starting at 180F
3 oz Motueka
1 oz Citra

Dry Hop 1
2 oz Motueka

Dry Hop 2
3 oz Motueka
1 oz Citra

--Yeast
WLP002

Any thoughts on Motueka? Not sure if the Citra is needed or not, but I do like it and seem to include it in just about all of my IPAs. I am also asking for any advice on how to use 8 oz of Sabro in this recipe. Citra/Sabro 50/50? I hear Sabro is fairly strong.

Back