New England IPA Blasphemy - No Boil NEIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right so no bittering addition, that older post looked like you listed a bittering addition - which by the way I still like in my typical neipas. So curious what perceived bitterness you get in this no boil beer without it?

So I did brew the beer and it’s been in the keg 5 days. Here’s the recipe

6lb Pilsner DME
3lb bav. Wheat DME
0.25lb corn sugar

Stepped
2lb malted oats
1lb Pilsner malt

Og- 1.079
Fg- 1.012
Yeast- omega 091 Hornindal
Rack on 1lb per gallon of pineapple purée

Water additions
1 gram cacl
1 gram gypsum

Hop schedule
Columbus @60 targeting 30 ibus

Whirlpool @ 170 for 45 mins
2:1 Columbus to sabro for a hopping rate of 1.20 oz per gallon.

Dryhop 3 days before @ 65 degrees. 0.5:1:2 sabro to mosaic to azacca at a rate of 1.75 oz per gallon.

View attachment 669197
Looks good man! I'll have to try this when I get some more DME. To show just how much of a noob that I am, I have to ask this as I have yet to figure this out :), when you reference the oz/gallon hop rates, is the "per gallon" referencing how much liquid is in the vessel you are adding dry hops too or referencing the actual finished batch volume? Seems to me that it should reference the amount of liquid the hops are being put into directly but I think some people are simply referencing the finished batch. Thanks.

Right so no bittering addition, that older post looked like you listed a bittering addition - which by the way I still like in my typical neipas. So curious what perceived bitterness you get in this no boil beer without it?
I just caught that. That was s mistake. I was trying to say I try to target 30 ibus through the whirlpool. Thanks for catching that

I started this recipe over the weekend. I stayed true to the original recipe with just a few changes. I only used 4 gal of water and decided to dry hop with 4 oz. of both Citra and Mosaic. I have been wanting to try fermenting in the keg for a while and this seemed like a good excuse to upgrade some equipment.

Below I just finished adding all the dry ingredients.View attachment 659556

After stirring/shaking everything for a few minutes you can tell there is not much head space left!
View attachment 659557

Here you can see the special lid/airlock I purchased so I can ferment in the keg.
View attachment 659559

30 hours after pitching yeast I opened up the keg and put in 4oz. each of Citra and Mosaic.
View attachment 659560

Here you can see a few more goodies I purchased. Hoping this will make it super simple to purge the serving keg with CO2 as the batch ferments out. I have the gas tube of the ferment keg hooked up to the serving tube on the second keg. Thinking it will fill the serving keg with CO2 over the next week as it ferments out. Later I can swap out the fittings to transfer directly to the serving keg ( ;
View attachment 659561

I brewed this one... I mean I fermented this one back on 12/30/19. I can say this was hands down the BEST hopped beer I've made... ever! I have tried multiple techniques and this one puts the hop aroma FORWARD! Reminds me of what I buy off the store shelves.

I can also say this is the BEST extract beer I've ever made... makes me wonder why I ever introduced extract during the boil?! Should have just added a little bit (like 25% of the total bill, then put in the rest at flame out...)

I am embarrassed to say that I still can't make an extract beer that tastes right to me... always has that twang they talk about. It's not for lack of trying either! Over 30 batches of extract under my belt, once I switched to all-grain... it was a night and day difference in taste ( ;

Inspired by this thread, I've brewed two No Boil/DME batches so far. The first one is carbing up and the second one is bubbling. The small sample of Batch 1 looked, tasted, and smelled great. I plan to let it carb for a week before I pull another sample. I had a chance to get Batch 2 into the fermenter yesterday, so I went for it.

2.5 gallon batches.

Batch 1

OG - 1060
FG - 1019 (higher than what I'm used to)
ABV - 5.4% (lower than I was shooting for)

2.75 gallons RO
1.5 g CaCl

3# Bavarian Wheat DME
12 oz Pils DME

Whirlpool/Steep for over 60 minutes starting at 173 degrees.
3 oz Galaxy

Dry Hop on Day 2
3 oz Galaxy

Wyeast 1318 London Ale III @ 67 degrees

After adding DME, wort chiller, and hop spider I had to raise the temp and then cool it down to get to 173 on this batch. On Batch 2 I brought the water up to boiling and then added the DME, wort chiller, hop spider, and hops. This worked better as I hit about 170.

Batch 2

OG - 1070

2.75 gallon RO
1.8 g CaCl

3# Bavarian Wheat DME
1# Pils DME
4 oz Corn Sugar

Whirlpool/Steep 60 minutes starting @ 168
2 oz Citra
2 oz Strata

Dry Hop (planning to try a soft crash before dry hopping)
2 oz Citra
2 oz Strata

This is my first batch with Strata. They smell good and have good reviews. I'm a fan of Citra already.

Inspired by this thread, I've brewed two No Boil/DME batches so far. The first one is carbing up and the second one is bubbling. The small sample of Batch 1 looked, tasted, and smelled great. I plan to let it carb for a week before I pull another sample. I had a chance to get Batch 2 into the fermenter yesterday, so I went for it.

2.5 gallon batches.

Batch 1

OG - 1060

2.75 gallons RO
1.5 g CaCl

3# Bavarian Wheat DME
12 oz Pils DME

3 oz Galaxy

Dry Hop on Day 2
3 oz Galaxy

After adding DME, wort chiller, and hop spider I had to raise the temp and then cool it down to get to 173 on this batch. On Batch 2 I brought the water up to boiling and then added the DME, wort chiller, hop spider, and hops. This worked better as I hit about 170.

Batch 2

OG - 1070

2.75 gallon RO
1.8 g CaCl

3# Bavarian Wheat DME
1# Pils DME
4 oz Corn Sugar

2 oz Citra
2 oz Strata

2 oz Citra
2 oz Strata

This is my first batch with Strata. They smell good and have good reviews. I'm a fan of Citra already.

Dig it!

My latest all DME no boil. Heated to 175 for 10 min. Citra/Apollo/Galaxy about 6%. Hornidal Kviek. 7 days grain to glass. Not bad..

Attachments

• IMG_20200330_200717.jpg
    IMG_20200330_200717.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 142
I've been itching to try this recipe. I have a question regarding whirlpooling hops, but going with the original recipe of NOT heating the water. Since there is no heat reaction with the hop pellets, will I still get some hop flavor and aroma from the whirlpooled hops? Planning on using a nylon hop bag and pulling when ready to add yeast, so there should be little hop trub.

I'm planning a 3Gal batch and here is my basic recipe.

3 lbs DME
.5 lbs Turbinado Sugar

1oz Citra - whirlpool for 10 min
1oz Cascade - whirlpool for 10 min
- use nylon hop bag and pull when ready to add yeast

2oz Citra - dry hop
2oz Citra - dry hop

I've been itching to try this recipe. I have a question regarding whirlpooling hops, but going with the original recipe of NOT heating the water. Since there is no heat reaction with the hop pellets, will I still get some hop flavor and aroma from the whirlpooled hops? Planning on using a nylon hop bag and pulling when ready to add yeast, so there should be little hop trub.

3 lbs DME
.5 lbs Turbinado Sugar

2oz Citra - dry hop
2oz Citra - dry hop
No you will not get the same flavor or aroma by not heating the wort and putting the hops in at 150+. You will be basically dry hopping the entire beer. Many hop compounds are only altered and extracted by heat. You’re beer will also have very low ibus. Not saying the beer will be bad, but it will certainly not be the same.

3 lbs DME
.5 lbs Turbinado Sugar

2oz Citra - dry hop
2oz Citra - dry hop

Just throw them in as fermentation hops. I’ve since gotten away from hoping during fermentation on my normal beers but figured why not for this one. I also attempted it cold and had success right up until the dry hop. I added an ounce of mosaic leaf thinking the extra green matter and yeast reaction might force some hop but that would act similar to actual bitterness. Fg same was solid, definitely more than just the yeast character. Not bitter at all tgough, not in a bad way.

It was def the post ferm dry hop that killed it. I had a bad batch of azacca that completely ruined the beer. I had used the same hops a year prior and noticed this terrible chemical/cleaner off flavor but at the time blamed it on my first use of kviek (I use campden so it wasn’t chloramines) I did this cold batch with us05 and Nottingham.

Just throw them in as fermentation hops. I’ve since gotten away from hoping during fermentation on my normal beers but figured why not for this one. I also attempted it cold and had success right up until the dry hop. I added an ounce of mosaic leaf thinking the extra green matter and yeast reaction might force some hop but that would act similar to actual bitterness. Fg same was solid, definitely more than just the yeast character. Not bitter at all tgough, not in a bad way.

It was def the post ferm dry hop that killed it. I had a bad batch of azacca that completely ruined the beer. I had used the same hops a year prior and noticed this terrible chemical/cleaner off flavor but at the time blamed it on my first use of kviek (I use campden so it wasn’t chloramines) I did this cold batch with us05 and Nottingham.

So you think add at whirlpool and leave them in during fermentation to get some interaction with the yeast? Pull them when fermentation dies down and then add new hops for dry hopping!

So you think add at whirlpool and leave them in during fermentation to get some interaction with the yeast? Pull them when fermentation dies down and then add new hops for dry hopping!

I'm confused how you are planning to whirlpool if you are doing this cold like the original recipe calls for. There is no whirlpool if you are following it. A large number of followers of this thread are doing a true "no boil" version of this where they bring the wort up to 180ish to sterilize the wort and then starting their normal chill process from there, which would include a whirlpool at various temps. Other no boil beers might just relay on the 150ish mash for an hour to kill the baddies. Both of these options are what i would call true no boil. what is in the original recipe, while technically meeting the definition of not boiling, is actually a completely different type of beer IMO, something like a room temp" NEIPA (yes i know this is a terrible name).

Following the original, I dumped everything in my fermentor (corny keg), with slightly warmed water (like 75/80, as my tap was super cold at the time) including 1oz leaf mosaic, and 2 packs of dry yeast ( i really only needed one, but it was old so i was cautious). I shook it around a little and plopped it in my ferm chamber.

I was using a clear beer draft system in this keg and was planning to ferment and serve from the same keg. so when ferm had wrapped up, i tossed in ~4 oz of azacca and mandarina bavaria and left it for 3 days at ~65, my preferred dry hop temp. I can't recall if i soft crashed to 58 before i dry hopped. this is my normal process for other dry hopped beers, i just flat out can't recall if i did that with this one or not.

when i'm not fermenting and serving from the same, i would cold crash, then transfer the beer off the trub and into a star san purged keg. the purged keg typically has a CBDS as well, and whatever my keg hop dry hop charge is. again 3 days at 65 (probably with 30+PSI on it), then into the keezer to continue carbing

I'm confused how you are planning to whirlpool if you are doing this cold like the original recipe calls for. There is no whirlpool if you are following it. A large number of followers of this thread are doing a true "no boil" version of this where they bring the wort up to 180ish to sterilize the wort and then starting their normal chill process from there, which would include a whirlpool at various temps. Other no boil beers might just relay on the 150ish mash for an hour to kill the baddies. Both of these options are what i would call true no boil. what is in the original recipe, while technically meeting the definition of not boiling, is actually a completely different type of beer IMO, something like a room temp" NEIPA (yes i know this is a terrible name).

Following the original, I dumped everything in my fermentor (corny keg), with slightly warmed water (like 75/80, as my tap was super cold at the time) including 1oz leaf mosaic, and 2 packs of dry yeast ( i really only needed one, but it was old so i was cautious). I shook it around a little and plopped it in my ferm chamber.

I was using a clear beer draft system in this keg and was planning to ferment and serve from the same keg. so when ferm had wrapped up, i tossed in ~4 oz of azacca and mandarina bavaria and left it for 3 days at ~65, my preferred dry hop temp. I can't recall if i soft crashed to 58 before i dry hopped. this is my normal process for other dry hopped beers, i just flat out can't recall if i did that with this one or not.

when i'm not fermenting and serving from the same, i would cold crash, then transfer the beer off the trub and into a star san purged keg. the purged keg typically has a CBDS as well, and whatever my keg hop dry hop charge is. again 3 days at 65 (probably with 30+PSI on it), then into the keezer to continue carbing

Thanks for detailed reply. Yeah, technically I'm not doing a whirlpool - I just wasn't sure what to call it. My question really boils (pun intended) down to: do I get any value (ie hop flavor and aroma) by adding hops as I'm stirring my water, DME and sugar, then pulling them before adding yeast. If no improved hop flavor or aroma vs dry hopping, then I'll probably just dry hop.

Although I liked your thought of leaving in during fermentation so there is a reaction with the yeast. Gonna try this recipe this weekend.

I wanted to post this recipe because it is so simple to make, is quick from grain to glass, and is absolutely delicious when it's done. There are plenty of threads regarding the risks and benefits of not boiling the wort, so there won't be an intent to cover that in this recipe.

6 Lbs. Wheat DME
2 Lbs. Turbinado Sugar (Primary)
3 Tsp. Calcium Chloride (CaCl2)
(Pre-Mix In Fermenter)

Pre-Treat 5 Gallons of water with:
1/4 Camden Tablet

Safale S-04 English Ale Yeast

There is no boil and zero hopping before fermentation for this beer. This results in 0 IBU. I find that the dry hop contributes enough perceived bitterness for the style.

3 Oz. Citra (Dry Hop ~7 Days)
3 Oz. Mosaic (Dry Hop ~7 Days)
Any fruit forward combination would be good however. Belma / El Dorado is one I'd like to try.

I add the dry hop addition at about 30 hours after pitching the yeast. At this time, with proper yeast management, fermentation has begun to taper off and I lock the lid down on my bucket to minimize oxygen exposure to the beer. After about a week, transfer immediately to the serving keg and as with any NEIPA, be sure to purge the keg with CO2. All told, the hands on time to make this was about 10 minutes.

OG: 1.072
FG: 1.011
ABV: 8.1%
IBU: 0
SRM: 3.86

The beer turns out smooth, juicy, and really reminiscent of tangerine. In other words, awesome.

Cheers!

View attachment 604889

Just curious, is the campden just to remove chlorine/chloramine, or does it serve another purpose? I haven't used it since I started using a charcoal filter and would hate to buy some unnecessarily. I plan to try this with bru1/mandarina bavaria for a pineapple orange juice bomb thanks for the idea!

I haven't brewed in years because... time! This recipe has inspired me to try a no boil extract brew. Man, I forgot how much more expensive extract brewing is, but time savings would be worth it if the beer comes out good! Thanks for getting me to tip my toe back into brewing.

Batch 1

OG - 1060

2.75 gallons RO
1.5 g CaCl

3# Bavarian Wheat DME
12 oz Pils DME

3 oz Galaxy

Dry Hop on Day 2
3 oz Galaxy

Batch 2

OG - 1070

2.75 gallon RO
1.8 g CaCl

3# Bavarian Wheat DME
1# Pils DME
4 oz Corn Sugar

2 oz Citra
2 oz Strata

2 oz Citra
2 oz Strata

Update on Batch 1. This is the smoothest drinking beer I think I've ever made (100+ batches)! Goes down way, way too easy. This extract batch is actually better than the last several All Grain NE IPAs that I have made. Beautiful and lasting lacing in the glass. Aroma gets a 3.75/5. Very little bitterness. Color is very light and it looks like a glass of grapefruit juice out of one of the small cans. Maybe some crystal malt steeped to add some color? A day or three after kegging there was some backend harshness (maybe hop burn?) that was gone after about two weeks in the keg. It definitely continued to improve with a little bit of age. I added 1.2 g of potassium metabisulfite (two campden tablets) at kegging to try and help stave off oxygen ruination. First time using campden. I ferment in corny kegs and transfer to CO2 purged kegs for serving except this time I added the campden after pushing out Star San. I purged the keg several times after adding the campden as well. Not a totally oxygen free transfer due to opening the keg to add campden, but no noticeable affects thus far. Totally worth brewing again. Very, very good.

Batch 2 is soft crashing right now and will be dry hopped this week and hopefully kegged this weekend.

Had to say thank you to the OP for this recipe. I used it and stayed pretty close (although, I got stingy and only used 4 ozs of hops, not all 6), and I have to say, it was quite good. This was my second time trying a no boil recipe (after years of all grain) and I have to say, it's nice to save some time and have a good beer finished! Thanks!

I just brewd 4 minibatches using this no-boil technique. I'm a skeptic, I wanted to do try and do some experiments. So in the first batch I heated the water (but not boiled) added DME and WP hops. In the rest of the batches I just did cold brew, but in the batch 3 I used some water treatment (cacl, gypsum). Batch number 1-3 will be dryhopped the same (mosaic, Citra, galaxy) . Batch 4 will be dryhopped with some other hop/hops. So I hope one of these will be good :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200610_220516.jpg
    IMG_20200610_220516.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
Just chiming in, I made this back in October for a party. It was definitely loved. Very good recipe, and couldn't be easier!

I just wanted to thank you for this recipe. My third batch is currently fermenting. The only thing I do differently is to mash a pound of flaked oats and 2 row, and add it to the bucket. I think it adds a little mouthfeel, but I may be imagining it. Thanks again. Great recipe.

I did this recipe but did a simple cold pitch of DME with S-04, then after 24 hours dry hop with 4oz Simcoe. 6 days frrom Brew to Keg and its a juicy, fruity front with resin hop finish. Excellent and one I will be doing again!
02BF7FCA-099B-4BF2-B8DB-988B07B2EB1A.jpeg
CB3AA1E1-C2D7-4D89-AF93-3261C8D935AE.jpeg
6DCB487C-5B2B-48A5-9D0A-FC4F4F03ECBF.jpeg

I just stumbled upon this thread (and read the entire thing) and am pretty pumped to try this out. My question is this: I just got a few kits from NB’s IPA Day sale and they all have a lot of their Gold Malt LME (Briess Gold Malt Extract Syrup) — how do you think this recipe would do using that? How much of it would I use if I wasn’t using any DME?

I just stumbled upon this thread (and read the entire thing) and am pretty pumped to try this out. My question is this: I just got a few kits from NB’s IPA Day sale and they all have a lot of their Gold Malt LME (Briess Gold Malt Extract Syrup) — how do you think this recipe would do using that? How much of it would I use if I wasn’t using any DME?
I would personally only use dme. I find LME has a much darker color and a slight flavor that comes through in the beer that just doesn’t do it for me. Granted I haven’t used it in many years and am a much better brewer now then when I did use it

I would personally only use dme. I find LME has a much darker color and a slight flavor that comes through in the beer that just doesn’t do it for me. Granted I haven’t used it in many years and am a much better brewer now then when I did use it

I thought a lot of the darkening with LME came from it being on the heat, right? I just figured I had all these hops and lme so I might as well try it. Mostly want to make sure the taste (and mouthfeel?) would be ok with this malt instead of wheat.

Made a 2.5 gal batch that turned out phenomenally. Used 3 lb Briess Bavarian Wheat Dry malt extract, RO with 125:125ppm SO4:CaCl, whirlpooled at 180 F 1.5 oz Citra, 1 oz Mosaic. 0.5 oz Galaxy and pitched Omega Yeast DIPA (a Conan strain) at 68 F. Once fermentation slowed, dry hopped with 1.5 oz Citra, 1 oz Mosaic and 0.5 Galaxy and sealed the fermenting keg. Let it carbonate and after a few days raised temp to 72 to ensure diacetyl reduction.

Aroma is bountiful citrus and mouthfeel is so smooth and creamy.
6BFC3E1F-849B-4640-9EFD-02AD7EF18290.jpeg

Solid beer. Definitely needs some bittering hops to round it out though. For the second round I'll also go a little heavier on the dry hopping.

I’ve made a three versions of this and all have been fantastic.

I can’t find any details about other styles if beer this could be used for. How about a winter ale?

I did end up using some LME (5.5 lbs golden light) along with some wheat DME (3lbs), did 20 mins hop stand with 1oz centennial, and used voss kveik. Bottled a little over 2 weeks ago - had a little hop bite for a bit but it’s gone now and is delicious!
26A088F7-62C9-4712-BE92-4B04E7A5DC8D.jpeg

The Citra/Strata batch was great! Would definitely "brew" it again.

American IPA - Blasphemy - No Boil NEIPA

I kegged my latest No Boil / Extract NEIPA a couple of days ago and the sample tastes absolutely amazing! I used Verdant IPA yeast for the first time and I'll be using it again. I've made a number of great beers with 1318, but this will probably replace it. Such a great tasting beer.

2.5 gallon batch

OG - 1073
FG - 1022
ABV - 6.8%

2.65 gallons RO

2 grams CaCl

3# Bavarian Wheat DME
1# Pilsner DME

Whirlpool hops:
2 oz Citra (YVH 2019)
2 oz Amarillo (YVH 2019)

Dry hops:
2 oz Citra (YVH 2019)
2 oz Amarillo (YVH 2019)

Lalbrew Verdant IPA Yeast

Heated RO to boiling and then added DME, wort chiller, and hop spider. Hit 182F.
Waited a while and added hops @ 166F.
Whirlpooled for about 60 minutes, pulled hop spider, and then heated the wort to boiling. I thought that some of the Alpha Acids might isomerize for some bitterness. Probably unnecessary, but this one turned out great.
Cooled it to mid 70s and racked to keg fermenter w/ CBDS.
Pitched yeast a couple hours later after wort reached 67 and after I rehydrated the sachet of Lalbrew Verdant IPA.

Day 9 - Start soft crash to 50F.
Day 11 - Added dry hops and had planned to leave it at 60F until kegging day, but I made a stout that same day and needed the ferm chamber, so this one dry hopped at room temp (72-73F) from Day 11 to Day 19.
Day 19 - Kegged it and it tastes great. Bursting with hop flavor and aroma. No hop burn. Great mouthfeel. Good color, but not orange. It's currently on gas. I asked my wife to sample it and she said she likes it and that it tastes like grapefruit juice. She doesn't like IPAs.

I know a lot of you have strict schedules and keg after a few days of fermentation, but with four kids I get around to stuff in the brewery when I can.

I just brewd 4 minibatches using this no-boil technique. I'm a skeptic, I wanted to do try and do some experiments. So in the first batch I heated the water (but not boiled) added DME and WP hops. In the rest of the batches I just did cold brew, but in the batch 3 I used some water treatment (cacl, gypsum). Batch number 1-3 will be dryhopped the same (mosaic, Citra, galaxy) . Batch 4 will be dryhopped with some other hop/hops. So I hope one of these will be good :)

And....?

I've done few batches. I think this is a good method to test different hops with small batches, but not really fan of the overall taste. I prefer normal AG anyday.
Best experiments was when I did 4 small batches at the same time. All with one different hop. Then I made different combinations from them to glass and desided what kind of combination is the best.

I've done few batches. I think this is a good method to test different hops with small batches, but not really fan of the overall taste. I prefer normal AG anyday.
Best experiments was when I did 4 small batches at the same time. All with one different hop. Then I made different combinations from them to glass and desided what kind of combination is the best.
Ou,... The coldbrew was better than just noboil. Also little water treatment was better than none. But I have a wery soft tap wather in here

I'm drinking the following from the fermenter (I ferment in 5 gallon corny kegs using Clear Beer Draught System):

Recipe:
3# Bavarian Wheat DME
2 oz corn sugar

Lalbrew Verdant IPA Yeast

2 gallons of RO water
1 g CaCl

Boil Hops:
10 g Columbus boiled 30 minutes in 32 oz of RO

Whirlpool Hops:
1 oz Citra
1 oz Mosaic
3 g Columbus

Dry Hops:
1 oz Citra
1 oz Mosaic
3 g Columbus

OG 1071
FG 1021
ABV 6.7%

Heated water to boiling and then added DME, corn sugar, and CaCl. Added wort chiller and hop spider. Temp was about 170F. Added whirlpool hops, stirred occasionally and started cooling 30 minutes later. 20 minutes after that I had poured the wort into the keg fermenter. Boiled 10 grams of Columbus in 32 oz of water for 30 minutes and added that to the fermenter in hopes of adding some IBUs. Sprinkled yeast in later that evening. Added dry hops on day four. Cold crashed on day 9. Tapped keg on Day 11. Drinking great! Mouthfeel is full and not thin. No hop bite or any bitter aftertaste. Not too sweet. Very hoppy.

To try out the YVH New Zealand Juicy IPA Variety Pack and to use up some of the DME that I have, I'm looking at brewing the following:

2 Gallon Recipe:

2# 4 oz Pilsen Light DME
1# Bavarian Wheat DME

1/2 pack of Lallemand Verdant IPA Yeast

2 Gallons RO water
1 g CaCl

Boil Hops:
8 g Columbus boiled 30 minutes in 32 oz RO (to add bitterness; it worked last time)

Whirlpool Hops:
1 oz Kohatu 5.9% AA
1 oz Motueka 6.2% AA

Dry Hops:
1 oz Rakau 10.1% AA
1 oz Waimea 16% AA

Heat RO to boiling. Add DME, hop spider, and wort chiller. Whirlpool/soak 30 minutes. Start cooling. Cool for about 20 minutes and then rack to keg fermenter. Boil bittering hops and add to fermenter. Sprinkle yeast on wort later that night after ferm chamber hits 66F. Dry hop on day 3 or 4. Cold crash around day 10 and drink it from the fermenter. I use CBDS in the keg when fermenting.

Back