Blackberry Top Up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clann

Reaction score
I have 5 gallons of blackberry wine in a 6 gallon secondary. It will need racking soon and all I have are 6 gallon carboys. What would be a good choice of store bought wine to top up with? I would like to do it with something kinda cheap as I am on a pretty tight budget right now. Mabye a box wine or something similar?
I know it would probabily be just as cheap to buy a 5 gallon carboy but the wife said and I quote,"You can't buy any more equipment till you build a room on the house to put all your **** in."
I guess I have too much stuff:cross:

One other option - get a couple of bags and fill them with marbles to displace 1 gallon of volume. Use glass marbles, and personally I'd double bag the filter bags (like the ones used for grain or juice).

Do you plan to back sweeten? You could add some more berries and water if your not worries about diluting abv. I cant comment on adding wines, I've not done it but I've always felt that it would change the flavour too much, especially with cheaper wines.

Yes I am going to sweeten after adding a f-pack that I will make withabout 4# of berries.

Back