Black Box Controller Reset?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShepFL

ShepFL
Reaction score
Ok folks

I bought a fermentation temp controller from www.blackboxbrew.com a few months ago. I'd heard a lot of good things so I went with it and got 2. I didn't have a chance to use them until Saturday 4/23. Very easy to program them. I programmed them for 62F and 65F. Plugged in drink cooler in the cold plug and hit run...

All was well until Wednesday night when someone hit power pole and knocked out power at the house. Now I have nothing. Broke out the spare and tested the outlet directly to cooler. Off and running again but last night I came home to black box not running. Unplugged it, then tried again. Both now appear to be dead but cooler works fine when plugged directly into the wall outlet.

I've set the temp variation to 1 degree and I've set the cool delays to 2 min. I emailed Wil on on his website last night but as a 1 man show I understand he has a life to live and not responding to all emails immediately. Looking for someone here might have some suggestions.

Can anybody help? I've now got 20 gallons of Belgian dubble wort with yeast chilling in my cooler at 38F.
Thanks

Back