Bits and Pieces - What to do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamleescott

Reaction score
After a couple of small batch brews, I've started to amass a random collection of grains and hops.

What does everyone do with their odds and ends?

I've never made a custom recipe...but is it even conceivable to dump the lot into the brew pot and see what you make? lol

Thanks all!

What grains/adjuncts/hops/yeast etc.. do you have?

I would say as long as you have enough base malt to help convert the specialty malts why not!

If it were me, I think I would try to find a style that is the closest to what you have and then call it a variation of that.

Depending on the amount of hops and varieties, using them should be pretty straight forward. If you have a lot, an IPA of some kind. If you only have a few ounces then maybe a wheat/wit.

Grain is harder to work with. You need enough base malt before doing anything. You can't put a lot of crystal or Munich in a beer by themselves and hope to get anything out.

If you have a list I'm sure we can help you come up with something.

I brewed an ipa this last year I called it hurricane ipa, I had some time off after irma. Seemed fitting a bunch of crap all mixed up. It was pretty good and im not really an ipa guy

Latest posts

Back