Birthday Club Beer Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there supposedly were 3 of us in April. I’m probably up next unless there is an April Fool’s birthday. I sent a pm to @imasickboy to see what’s up. If I don’t hear anything in a couple of days I will take over organizing this.
@jaymosbeershack @jerbrew please create a list of all participants that sent you packages so we know where we stand with active participants.

I got beer from @jerbrew @watersr @GaBrewZoo @TBC @wstbrewing @fourfarthing and @JCasey1992

Okay I touched base with @imasickboy and I’m going to help him run this for now. I will be sending PM’s today with the info for April birthdays. There are 4 this month and then it will be dormant until August.

Looking back through the posts it looks like only @HopsNTails withdrew so I will send the info to everyone else on the spreadsheet I received.

If a member decided to no longer participate let me know and I’ll remove you from the communications. If anyone has any questions let me know.

Last edited:
Just checking to be sure I shouldn't have received a message with the April birthdays. I'm yet to see anything.

it looks like I forgot to add you for some reason. I will get you the info in a bit.

if anyone else had an issue with the pm’s let me know.

My three packages for this month have shipped and two of them should be arriving today. Sorry @TBC , yours seems to be taking a little longer. I was hoping they would all get there by the weekend. Maybe Saturday, hopefully.

Last edited:
Package arrived today from @GaBrewZoo. Thanks sir. Actually went beer shopping today so I just shoved them in an overfilled beer fridge. Can’t wait to try all of the creature comforts and that blackberry lemon sour.

Had to wash the glass and fill it so the graphics would show better in the pic.

69B41A92-40C6-411C-B58C-EE717C810837.jpeg
D584E70A-FDFA-4C9C-92B9-87DBE68AA406.jpeg

Found a little birthday love I’m my porch from @GaBrewZoo. Can’t wait to taste them all. Sample if the first in my new favorite beer glass. Thanks!

Attachments

• D8A9D729-CC27-4D15-877C-75629724A71B.jpeg
    D8A9D729-CC27-4D15-877C-75629724A71B.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 31
  • CBD7306D-AC05-4B5D-A894-A1A2558070D0.jpeg
    CBD7306D-AC05-4B5D-A894-A1A2558070D0.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 32
I got two out on Tuesday, @TBC and someone I don't remember. I have one ready and another I'm picking up beer for today and should be out Friday. Then I'll be caught up until the next round. Four at once is difficult for someone as notoriously late on shipping as i already am.

Edit: both should be there Tuesday

Received Birthday box from @fourfarthing. Thanks man, I’m a Suarez and Plan Bee virgin still. Threw them in the fridge earlier and can’t wait to try them.

View attachment 677236

Good, that makes up for my lack of volume. Hard to buy beer when you are stuck at home in the epicenter of coronavirus. That said, breweries are starting to deliver here :)

Sweet box from @jerbrew. Loaded them into the beer fridge! Can’t wait to try them all!

View attachment 677648
Glad it made it. Last two boxes will be zipped up and shipped today and I'll be ready for the next onslaught. I haven't tried that 1892 since the tap room is to go only, but last year it was amazing. Thinking about it I should have sent the double cherries from Pure for a cherry beerparison. Can't go wrong with that Roes Red though. Anyway, enjoy and thanks for picking up organizing this from imasickboy, hope all is well with him through all this madness.

So a bit of bad news. Things have been super hectic. I’m in Clinical Research. I was afraid I was gonna get laid off as our facilities started to shut down, then I got redeployed to Covid-19 research and I’ve been super busy. Won’t complain since my paychecks are rolling. I had several shipments worth of beer saved in my keeper waiting to ship and my temp controller went nuts and everyone froze. Most of the beers burst. I have one shipment that survived and will go out soon but I will have to replace much of the beer and my fellow April birthday pals will get their shipments in May. Sorry for the delay but they will go out.

So a bit of bad news. Things have been super hectic. I’m in Clinical Research. I was afraid I was gonna get laid off as our facilities started to shut down, then I got redeployed to Covid-19 research and I’ve been super busy. Won’t complain since my paychecks are rolling. I had several shipments worth of beer saved in my keeper waiting to ship and my temp controller went nuts and everyone froze. Most of the beers burst. I have one shipment that survived and will go out soon but I will have to replace much of the beer and my fellow April birthday pals will get their shipments in May. Sorry for the delay but they will go out.

stay strong man. Thanks for fighting the good fight.

Oh good. For a second I honestly thought I sent you his beer. And being the bright stand up guy you are, you figured that out and shipped it to him. But that wasn't the case, I didn't screw it up which makes me happy.

To be fair, I sent it to his old address bc I am lazy, so I am not really a bright guy. I can stand up though.

Back